What's new

10 Orchestration Techniques Series

This is fantastic Mattia and has come at a great time for me. I don’t know why you’re embarrassed as you presented very well.

I’ll be taking something from it for sure as I’ve been struggling trying to orchestrate a track I’ve been working for a couple of weeks now, and I’ve had no idea how to fix this. Hopefully the things you have just shown will help here.

Thanks,
Mark.

Last edited:
Thanks! As a total beginner to orchestration I really liked seeing the breakdown of all of these examples (which sounded great and got me interested, that's really important). I wasn't even expecting to sit for the whole thing when I started watching.

Hi Mattia,

Thank you for sharing this. You are very talented! I assume that you are using the BBCSO from Spitfire as your main library (I'm looking at your Logic screen in your YouTube video? It sounds great, especially the strings and brass.

Scarlet Jerry

Hi Mattia,

Thank you for sharing this. You are very talented! I assume that you are using the BBCSO from Spitfire as your main library (I'm looking at your Logic screen in your YouTube video? It sounds great, especially the strings and brass.

Scarlet Jerry
Hey thanks! Yeah I'm using BBCSO for everything except for brass which is Sample Modeling. I do still use it occasionally for brass but mostly shorts and rarely for beefing up SM on ff passages. Differently from many people here I still love BBCSO, I find it very agile and flexible.

I'm so glad you made this video, it's truly illuminating and helpful. Any estimate on when Part 2 will be ready? (No pressure, haha!)

Fantastic, fantastic video - very useful and handy. I'm sure, though, that I'm not the only one wondering if the reductions will be made available for downloading to study closer.

Thank you, Mattia, for taking the time to share your knowledge with the community. This style of presentation is fantastic, please continue!

Fantastic, fantastic video - very useful and handy. I'm sure, though, that I'm not the only one wondering if the reductions will be made available for downloading to study closer.
Hey thanks! It might not be for you but I made the PDF available on my Patreon.

I hope you'll be able to take something out of it. I'll keep sharing if there's a demand, so let me know what you think!

Thanks for this video with your clear explanation. Indeed helpful.

Hope that you have time to make a second video with the explanation of the last 10 orchestrations.

Awwww, thanks! There's no excuse to run out of ideas. Facing danger, or breathing in the first breath of spring, contemplating a mystery, or bobbling awkwardly across the floor with a broken wing, this is an absolutely inspiring bunch of variations on a theme by... Well, yourself.

Bravohhhh!

Greg

Top Bottom