What's new

EW Spaces II - Anyone upgrading?

Me too, if anyone of EW is reading...

learn how other developers gain the loyalty of their customers. I have a lot of EW products and would buy Spaces II in a moment if the upgrade price was right.

No more EW for me for the time being

Well technically it already/still is discounted, though was the Upgrade actually ever sold for $265??

$135 upgrade price for an updated GUI and some extra IRs is a hard pill to swallow. I'll stick with Spaces v1 for now.

$135 upgrade price for an updated GUI and some extra IRs is a hard pill to swallow. I'll stick with Spaces v1 for now.

What else would you expect from a convolution reverb though? You pay for the IRs. Look at how expensive Altiverb is.

What else would you expect from a convolution reverb though? You pay for the IRs. Look at how expensive Altiverb is.
Fair enough argument - producing IRs is a costly exercise. It's just that having paid $199 for Spaces v1, and then to pay an additional $135 upgrade for Spaces v2, stings a bit ($334 as an existing customer vs first time buyer @ $159). A better deal for an existing customer - that's what I'd expect - and it seems I'm not the only one who feels this way.

But you can still buy Spaces 1. Are there any Spaces in 1 that aren't in 2? I haven't checked. I'm not disagreeing with you this since I bought the upgrade when it came out. Making us pay so much would make better sense if it was almost a different instrument. So as usual, early adopters get hit with higher prices.

But you can still buy Spaces 1. Are there any Spaces in 1 that aren't in 2? I haven't checked. I'm not disagreeing with you this since I bought the upgrade when it came out. Making us pay so much would make better sense if it was almost a different instrument. So as usual, early adopters get hit with higher prices.
Pretty sure Spaces 2 has everything 1 has. I remember Nick Phoenix talking about how there were a handful of IRs from 1 that he thought weren't up to scratch but they left them 2 in because they knew people would complain if they got rid of them.

Pretty sure Spaces 2 has everything 1 has. I remember Nick Phoenix talking about how there were a handful of IRs from 1 that he thought weren't up to scratch but they left them 2 in because they knew people would complain if they got rid of them.
Then it makes no sense to continue to sell 1. It's just confusing to customers and potentially angering if they get the wrong one. Unless they are getting rid of old boxed editions.

Sometimes I don't understand the way these companies think.

Then it makes no sense to continue to sell 1. It's just confusing to customers and potentially angering if they get the wrong one. Unless they are getting rid of old boxed editions.

Sometimes I don't understand the way these companies think.

I think it must be retailers liquidating existing keys or something. Spaces 1 doesn't seem to be on the EastWest site anymore, and what would have been the web address for it contains only a note that the product is no longer available.

+1
Also, am I the only one preferring the original’s GUI?
Not concerned at all about price but the GUI is a bit disappointing in that it’s unnecessarily cramped. The layout and colours are good but gee it’s hard to read (43 inch 4K monitor). That’s my one gripe.

Top Bottom