What's new

Logic Pro 10.4.5 Update

Thanks for trying to read my mind but I never implied or said that’s it’s happening to everyone. I can only report my own experience, relative to previous updates and imho this one is buggy. Certainly for me it is. Maybe you should stop trying to shut me up

Thanks for trying to read my mind but I never implied or said that’s it’s happening to everyone. I can only report my own experience, relative to previous updates and imho this one is buggy. Certainly for me it is. Maybe you should stop trying to shut me up

I am not trying to shut you up but there are newbies who may assume that you are correct, and there is no empirical data yet to suggest it, just your (and a couple of others) anecdotal evidence.

Or maybe you need a newer version of the OS?
I am currently running on 10.14.5 and I am noticing things are very buggy too.
-Logic reset my layout to default even after setting it User Defaults
-Sometimes the track will respond to the plugin and other times it will not

So there are certainly signs of early tweaks needed I would say

This whole new feature with disabled tracks, how do we actually take advantage of it and how do we load tracks in the disabled state?

Because so far I cannot see anyway to do this and I also don't see any options to duplicate my tracks anymore... so no idea how to make multiple tracks with already loaded patches :confused:

Enable this pref then make sure that there are no regions in the template or option-click the Power buttons off before you save it.
Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 2.39.32 PM.png

This whole new feature with disabled tracks, how do we actually take advantage of it and how do we load tracks in the disabled state?

Because so far I cannot see anyway to do this and I also don't see any options to duplicate my tracks anymore... so no idea how to make multiple tracks with already loaded patches :confused:

Option On/Off to load/unload a track (track on/off has to be visible obviously). Cmd-D to duplicate a track, same as always, although the contextual menu equivalent seems to have gone.

Man, don't you guys ever get tired of posting misinformation? :) Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 2.53.09 PM (2).png
To be fair, they might be referring to the right click menu. :)

I agree though that there’s a lot of knee jerk reaction. As always with this stuff, the further from a “vanilla” hardware and software setup you are, the more potential for issues. On my dinosaur iMac, Logic runs noticeably smoother. Anecdotal as always.

Last edited:
Well, I haven't really put it through its paces yet, but wow - it sure feels a LOT more fluid now on a big 4k display! Opening the mixer and resizing windows was painful before at 4k, but now it's really smooth. I'd be really happy with just that one big improvement - but as usual, there's a long list of new stuff to check out! So far so good...

To be fair, they might be referring to the right click menu. :)

I agree though that there’s a lot of knee jerk reaction. As always with this stuff, the further from a “vanilla” hardware and software setup you are, the more potential for issues. On my dinosaur iMac, Logic runs noticeably smoother. Anecdotal as always.
I was referring to this button here:

Logic Duplicate Track.PNG

I was clicking it before with my Kontakt instance on the track and some patches loaded, however it was not duplicating the track with the Kontakt instance, only creating an empty channel strip. Tried deleting and repeating with the same results.

Now on my 4th time loading up LPX it is working as expected.
So that was my query to see if anyone else was having issues.

I was referring to this button here:

Logic Duplicate Track.PNG

I was clicking it before with my Kontakt instance on the track and some patches loaded, however it was not duplicating the track with the Kontakt instance, only creating an empty channel strip. Tried deleting and repeating with the same results.

Now on my 4th time loading up LPX it is working as expected.
So that was my query to see if anyone else was having issues.

And again, it works as expected here.

Great to see a disable track feature finally! Now if only they added some more midi / CC / velocity editing stuff from Cubase (like CC compression, more contrast in note names, drum editor).

Amazing update. GUI much faster, loading of projects faster etc. A lot of improvements. However, "dynamic project loading" was the first I turned off... Very annoying having to wait for a plugin to load if you switch to a track you haven't used before. And if you're using VEP as server anyway there isn't much to save memory-wise anyway. I guess it could make sense to use for some though, especially if they have a huge template without VEP.

Last edited:
...logs into VI-C to share excitement about an amazing FREE update that has transformed my workflow and given what MANY have been hoping for for a long time... reads 3 pages of bickering... closes VI-C deflated...

Shake it off ! (yes, I just quoted Taylor Swift)

Shake it off ! (yes, I just quoted Taylor Swift)
Oh no, now I'm inspired to generate mindless crap:

Ooh baby, c'mon won't you give it me tonight.
With super fasting loading times, yeah I'm feelin' alright,
Templates that were gigabytes, now so very small,
With this super smooth GUI, babe we'll be rockin this damn hall.

So come on baby, let's go crazy, see what it can do,
Mojave or Sierra, its the DAW that's right for you.
So come on baby, let's go crazy, we can make it sweet honey,
And with lyrics as crap this, we're gonna make a ton of money!

Repeat x500 (or until YouTube/iTunes/Spotify is no longer monetizing replays).

Last edited:
Top Bottom