What's new

Logic Pro 10.4.5 Update

Many thanks for that guys. I've always upgraded the OS by simply downloading and installing and have had zero issues as a result. So I'll have to look into how APFS might affect things and also how to make an image backup this time around. Sounds like a lot of work but also sounds like the update is worth it.

If you are going to quote me please do so accurately. I did not ever use the word “garbage”. I said it’s a buggy update and I believe it is. High Sierra has been ok on my mbp until now, but no idea if the problems with LPX 10.4.5 are related to itself, high Sierra or my 2010 mbp

Last edited:
Many thanks for that guys. I've always upgraded the OS by simply downloading and installing and have had zero issues as a result. So I'll have to look into how APFS might affect things and also how to make an image backup this time around. Sounds like a lot of work but also sounds like the update is worth it.

I am pretty sure, not positive, that your disk will only be upgraded to APFS if it’s ssd

Any reason not to go all the way from Sierra to Mojave? I'm using some 32 bit legacy apps with my MTP Av and Alphatrack but from what I've read, Mojave will still let me use 32 bit apps.

I did that on my 5,1 and it runs great, haven’t had a chance to try LPX 10.4.5 on it though.

32bit apps do still work on it too

If you have a metal gpu needed for Mojave it will run better. My geekbench scores went up 20% between Sierra and Mojave. Vep7 performs way better on it too. I skipped high Sierra but I know others that also saw this performance improvement between HS and Mojave.

Wow, interesting. Mine does support metal. I will install it on an extra hard drive and migrate my stuff to see how it does...I still have a few 32-bit plugins that I run via 32Lives, not very often but I do like them...hoping they would make the transition. Funny thing was they died in El Cap but came back to life in Sierra.

Skipped over hs and haven’t had a chance to try to work through it but just an FYI. The two I wish I can have are vb3 and Harmor. It’s not the end of the world though have to move on from 32 but sooner or later

True...it's just nice to have them though. What to me would be ideal is keeping my computer on Sierra where everything worked and having a new computer on Mojave so I could choose.:thumbsup:

If you are going to quote me please do so accurately. I did not ever use the word “garbage”. I said it’s a buggy update and I believe it is. High Sierra has been ok on my mbp until now, but no idea if the problems with LPX 10.4.5 are related to itself, high Sierra or my 2010 mbp

Trash? Junk? Refuse? Detritus?

In any case, I haven't found it to be buggy.

And you have of course tested every possible situation to know so?

It was and is buggy out if the gate for me. I’ve been seeing others on the internet having problems too. (Shrug)

And you have of course tested every possible situation to know so?

It was and is buggy out if the gate for me. I’ve been seeing others on the internet having problems too. (Shrug)

EVERY update on every DAW, creates problems for some users. If it's a few, it's system specific, if it's a lot, it's buggy.

It’s supposed to be able to run on this hardware and os version. If it’s true what you say then they need to change the required specs

This whole new feature with disabled tracks, how do we actually take advantage of it and how do we load tracks in the disabled state?

Because so far I cannot see anyway to do this and I also don't see any options to duplicate my tracks anymore... so no idea how to make multiple tracks with already loaded patches :confused:

Top Bottom