What's new

90% OFF: Sektor by Initial Audio!

APD

For just $14.99 (instead of $139), get Sektor by Initial Audio! Sektor is a polyphonic wavetable synth plugin with a highly intuitive user interface and a lot of customization features.

If you like Serum, you will love Sektor! Limited time offer, don't miss out!

Deal Page: https://audioplugin.deals/deal-2
Deal Ends: June 9th

VIDEOS

AUDIO DEMOS

KEY FEATURES
  • Wavetable Synth plugin
  • over 750 Unique Factory Presets
  • over 200 Unique Wavetables
  • Built in sampler engine with hundreds of samples. Also plays back Heat Up 3 Instruments (Requires Heat Up 3)
  • 64 Bit and 32 Bit VST Plugin
  • AUDIO UNIT Plugin
  • Stand Alone App
  • Windows and Mac compatible
  • Supports the new MPE Midi Standard (Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression)
  • Digital download after purchase incl. 3 Machine based Serial Keys
  • Lifetime free updates. Pay once and get all future updates for free.

Anyone used this? I'm in the market for a wavetable synth, and was on the fence between Zebra2 and Serum. At $14.99 it seems worth a look? Any opinions?

Anyone used this? I'm in the market for a wavetable synth, and was on the fence between Zebra2 and Serum. At $14.99 it seems worth a look? Any opinions?
I bought it at this price because with synths you can get a lot more flexibility from them than Kontakt Patches that sell for more than this. Nevertheless, Zebra and Serum are going to be standards for a while and one of the big advantages of them are the support for extra expansions/presets you can buy, if you prefer not to create your own sounds from scratch. Sektar doesn't have near as much support from third parties (I think I found only one so far) but they do have their own expansions that they sell.
Anyways, at 14.99 it's hard to complain because at least it's a solid synth as far as I can tell, unlike that cheap Ascension synth($20) over at Pluginboutique that seems to be fairly buggy, at least on my system.

If they were all offered for free and I could only choose one I would choose Zebra or Serum over Sektar, not because I feel one is better but because of the third party support.

Curious about this Sektor promo as well.

You might look carefully at Sample Fuel _ WAVE @ $49.99.
Latest 2.0 Update is quite comprehensive. Great Support available consistently.
https://www.samplefuel.com/wave

I really like their stuff, I just don't find Halion as intuitive as I'd like it to be. However, Sample Fuel's presets are more geared toward film scoring whereas the presets is Sektar or more dance and hip hop type of sounds so that may factor in the OP's decisons.

If you have your eye on something in the APD store and are saving up your reward money to get it at the minimum price, then Sektor is essentially free. The entire $14.99 is added to your rewards "wallet".

Reactions: APD
If you have your eye on something in the APD store and are saving up your reward money to get it at the minimum price, then Sektor is essentially free. The entire $14.99 is added to your rewards "wallet".
Ok, then I’ll give it a go. Thanks for your thoughts everyone - this forum is such a helpful place!

Kvr people are saying it has some nice presets, but its mpe implementation is broken.

I tried it briefly, before uninstalling it, turned on MPE here, clicked the MPE button in it, and for me the MPE did not work. Not going to test it further.

Kvr people are saying it has some nice presets, but its mpe implementation is broken.
Also from the KVR thread, apparently a lot of the presets rely heavily on sampler instruments to augment the synth engine, and the filters are not as good as the other components. But $15 is very cheap for a decent wavetable synth, especially for those who don't already have one (or several).

I've been finding myself starting to get more interested in Synth VI's. Always turned my nose up to most offerings, but I find myself not wanting to re-setup the old MIDI rig fully these days and wouldn't mind picking up some good stuff to supplement. Ujam stuff sounds good, but seems a bit pricey for the # of presets. 15$ Seems hard to argue with. I will wait for the sales on Falcon, U-He, Omni, Etc

I've been finding myself starting to get more interested in Synth VI's. Always turned my nose up to most offerings, but I find myself not wanting to re-setup the old MIDI rig fully these days and wouldn't mind picking up some good stuff to supplement. Ujam stuff sounds good, but seems a bit pricey for the # of presets. 15$ Seems hard to argue with. I will wait for the sales on Falcon, U-He, Omni, Etc
U-he don't usually do sales. There was a sale via Native Instruments online store a year or so ago; and you can find minor reductions at other third-party developers from time to time. But if you want a lower price, a license transfer may be worth considering. Omnisphere is a in a similar situation. UVI, though, does have occasional sales on Falcon of around 40% off. Again, license transfers may be a viable option at other times.

There are so many very good VI synths now. Deciding on what to go for depends a lot on what you are looking to get out of it. For modulation options, Phaseplant may be the best (outside of Bigwig); for multiple samples, Halion or Falcon; for vintage sounds, U-he, Tal, or GForce's OB-E. And so on.

I don't know how you ended up posting on a Sector thread, though! I haven't tried Seckor, so can't comment on its merits. But for synths that aren't being seriously developed anymore, you can find very good prices on truly excellent instruments - such as Loom 2 or Iris 2 - although the interface is often a little smaller and less user friendly in these cases. There are many excellent wavetable synths like Sektor to consider; but which one you choose may matter less than whether it looks like something you'd find relatively intuitive.

U-he don't usually do sales. There was a sale via Native Instruments online store a year or so ago; and you can find minor reductions at other third-party developers from time to time. But if you want a lower price, a license transfer may be worth considering. Omnisphere is a in a similar situation. UVI, though, does have occasional sales on Falcon of around 40% off. Again, license transfers may be a viable option at other times.

There are so many very good VI synths now. Deciding on what to go for depends a lot on what you are looking to get out of it. For modulation options, Phaseplant may be the best (outside of Bigwig); for multiple samples, Halion or Falcon; for vintage sounds, U-he, Tal, or GForce's OB-E. And so on.

I don't know how you ended up posting on a Sector thread, though! I haven't tried Seckor, so can't comment on its merits. But for synths that aren't being seriously developed anymore, you can find very good prices on truly excellent instruments - such as Loom 2 or Iris 2 - although the interface is often a little smaller and less user friendly in these cases. There are many excellent wavetable synths like Sektor to consider; but which one you choose may matter less than whether it looks like something you'd find relatively intuitive.
Did a word search here when I saw the APD ad. I've been pretty much exclusively looking at Orchestral VI's the last 2 years so I am pretty uneducated on the Virtual Synth front. Appreciate the input!

I have an old Kurz K2500X weighted 88 key as my current Midi trigger. Also laying around the house:
Korg X5DR,
Roland XP-30,
Ensoniq VFX SD (Tho it's viability is day to day!)
EPS 16+ Which was my 90's sampler.
A Ton of 3rd party patches for those rigs.

So I had a lot of stuff for when I needed it. Every now and then something that sat (for Decades Even!) gets used in some track or other.

Easy enough to throw the Korg back up along with the Kurz, but I'd rather not chew up the space for the rest. So I've decided picking up a few VI's with bunch of presets to start with would make me miss the old MIDI rig less.

I have Cube, Iris 2, and a few odds and ends. I figured grabbing a couple more of those and a higher end VI at the U-He, Falcon, etc level should do the trick. Been playing with oscillators since Emerson wore short pants. Just modifying a few presets is all I'm into these days. I truly like the Ujam sounds, but the content is a bit sparse for the price. I'm used to having hundreds, if not thousands of categorized patches

Sektor is at PB still on sale

and with this free Expansion a sweet deal

Have had Sektor since intro, but few expansions. Current ones typical EDM, as that is focus for many softsynth expansions now.
Would like to see ssynth heavyweights do fairly deep dive critique of Sektor compared with closest rivals.

Top Bottom