What's new

Why are so many sample library companies derelict at providing documentation for keyswitches and CC?

For SF (and probably others) they use some cc's internally that we shouldn't be using. Pretty sure they aren't published, but I've read it here a few times.

The Spitfire stuff is now documented, in the newer user manuals from 2018 and 2019, and you may be able to download one of those even if you don't own the associated library.

The one glaring exception is the Reverb, which is labeled as simulated on the more elementary default interface of some older libraries, but not really explained.

This does not seem to be a Reverb from Kontakt, but it's not clear whether it's advisable to apply a small amount of this (vs., turning it off altogether) when using quality Reverb plug-ins later in the mix on an aux channel via channel sends.

Last edited:
It does seem that the Spitfire controls are acting consistently across the different libraries, as almost everything has been brought up to the latest standards by now. It took a bit of time for me to confirm this, so I have corrected my previous post, in conjunction with asking a new question there, as the Reverb is still a bit of a mystery as to its origin. Is it a convolution from the original recordings? It's usually labeled as "simulated", but that can mean many things.

Top Bottom