What's new

Show me your desk

My desk, I LOVING the output platform. Have the Aeron chair.
I'm impatiently waiting for my ATC Speakers!!! AHHH!

0w740Io.jpg

KLyXJgM.jpg

Hello,

A little contribution with my modest studio !

What I appreciate mostly is :
1/ 2 screens, one being vertical, which is extremely convenient for Cubase (in tracks view, or in the Midi Editor with big Expression Maps and few controller lanes), for music sheets in pdf or in notation editors, and for many other things
2/ a 2 positions desk :
- 1 for mainly working with keyboard and mouse, with the ability to test some things on the piano

- and 1 for mainly playing piano, with the ability to do some episodic stuff (read/write mail, load a sheet...) on the PC. I only have to remove a little board (where my wrists usually rest) to be closer to the piano (the PC keyboard is lower than the piano keyboard, so it doesn't bother)

3/ a window (even if it's a bad idea for acoustics) with birds coming to eat :) and a view to the nature, a river, ducks and gooses...

Maybe it will inspire some.

Matthieu

Nice, custom desk? What's the chair -- Hermann?

Thanks. It's one of @Nick Batzdorf's desks where the desktop slides in and out to expose the keyboard. The chair is a Hermann Miller Aeron I bought on the cheap from an office liquidation.

By the way, that thing in the background with stacks of sheets piled on is my upright Schimmel piano. It's almost as much my workplace as the desk.

Little update: I reused the wood that was removed to let the keyboard fit. (I don't have the photos on my PC so here is the instagram link below)

The carpentered piece of wood as a desk

The 8U rack I built by reusing the removed wood

I'm was very happy using almost all of the remaining wood for this 8U rack. No waste so less polution. It's feel great and usefull!

Here's my playground. Behind my back is wall separating a small technical room. Two decades ago I faced that wall which had flush mounted tube monitors built in and the desk was made for two Yamaha 02R mixing boards. When LCDs came out and working in the box was possible I turned my workspace around now facing the room. Feels much better now.

01 Workspace.JPG

02 Back-View.JPG

03 Right-View.JPG

04 Left-View.JPG

05 Front-View.JPG

Here's my playground. Behind my back is wall separating a small technical room. Two decades ago I faced that wall which had flush mounted tube monitors built in and the desk was made for two Yamaha 02R mixing boards. When LCDs came out and working in the box was possible I turned my workspace around now facing the room. Feels much better now.

Love it! I take it the Icon faders work pretty good with Logic pro? I was just debating getting one of those but the gearslutz thread about it scared me off this morning.

Love this thread exists. My current desk is an improvised sludge of QUIKLOK meets some of my late fathers desktop from his old study.

But...... instead of showing its current state.... namely makeshift... I'd like to ask..

Is there a studio music production/composers desk out there - which not only has :

.....the keyboard controller shelf on movable sliding rails -
but *ALSO*.....
....... the surface above?

For my needs. I find myself needing to often not only adjust the distance between keyboard ( 88key ) and the chair.... but also the distance from the leading edge of the surface- which supports my laptop and main gear ( audio fuse interface, HX Stomp ) - to the chair.

Now clearly one can sometimes just move the chair in and out but in many cases such as the chair I currently use - this is not practical.

Love this thread exists. My current desk is an improvised sludge of QUIKLOK meets some of my late fathers desktop from his old study.

But...... instead of showing its current state.... namely makeshift... I'd like to ask..

Is there a studio music production/composers desk out there - which not only has :

.....the keyboard controller shelf on movable sliding rails -
but *ALSO*.....
....... the surface above?

For my needs. I find myself needing to often not only adjust the distance between keyboard ( 88key ) and the chair.... but also the distance from the leading edge of the surface- which supports my laptop and main gear ( audio fuse interface, HX Stomp ) - to the chair.

Now clearly one can sometimes just move the chair in and out but in many cases such as the chair I currently use - this is not practical.

Maybe @Nick Batzdorf can help you?

Top Bottom