What's new

Dominus bug immediately solved by Fluffy Audio Support

Garry

I suddenly started to experience a strange bug with Dominus (and no other library): playing any note would just result in a loud click, a hissing sound, followed by a loud click. Tried all the obvious stuff, but couldn't get around it.

I emailed Fluffy Audio support, and within hours, Paulo sent the following reply, which fixed it right away:

1) Load Dominus in Kontakt
2) Move the modwheel
3) Play a note to see if it works
4) if it does resave the patch -

The origin of the Kontakt-related error is unknown, but apparently this fixes it forever! Awesome!

I wanted to share it here, because (i) it may help others, as it sounds like an error encountered before, (ii) I wanted to highlight great support service from Fluffy Audio, and (iii) I've been advocating on another thread that when we have problems with products we should FIRST contact support, and provide them an opportunity to fix it, before making complaints on forums like VI-C and others. If they can, share it, and if they can't/won't/don't answer, share that too, but at least you gave them a chance, and that information is also valuable to other users and potential buyers too.

I've seen this bug for along time. Kontakt reports it as an overflow error in the script (I reported this in the fall of 2018). Your "fix" does not work for me, fwiw. I've had a couple of Kontakt updates, so I'll try saving the patches again. Thanks for the update.

I've seen this bug for along time. Kontakt reports it as an overflow error in the script (I reported this in the fall of 2018). Your "fix" does not work for me, fwiw. I've had a couple of Kontakt updates, so I'll try saving the patches again. Thanks for the update.
Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. I don't know why or how, but it immediately worked for me. How did you otherwise resolve it, and did it happen for more than 1 library?

It only happens to Dominus. The "saving grace" is that when I do the mod-wheel dance just once in a Cubase project and save, it seems to stick. But the problem is always present in newly loaded projects, even when created from a template where I've saved the mod-wheel state. Personally, I think they have an uninitialized variable that only gets initialized when moving the mod-wheel. So it's bit annoying but manageable. In my case, it takes about 20 seconds of mod-wheeling before the error clears, so there is likely a timing issue that is especially pronounced for me.

Edited for clarity.

It only happens to Dominus. The "saving grace" is that when I do the mod-wheel dance just once in a Cubase project and save, it seems to stick. But the problem is always present in newly loaded projects, even when created from a template where I've saved the mod-wheel state. Personally, I think they have an uninitialized variable that only gets initialized when moving the mod-wheel. So it's bit annoying but manageable. In my case, it takes about 20 seconds of mod-wheeling before the error clears, so there is likely a timing issue that is especially pronounced for me.

Edited for clarity.
Good to know - I don't know if I spoke too soon then to know if mine is fixed for good, but useful to know a bit of mod wheel jiggling should get me there if not! Even if not, the library is so good, I can definitely overlook it - can't wait for Dominus II!

Top Bottom