What's new

Performance Samples 2 Year Anniversary Sale - Oceania is $99 through 5/14

Oceania is very good and incredibly simple to use. I use it as a sketching choir (since I like to program my words). But sometimes, it sounds so good I keep it in.

Any more thoughts on these two libraries from users?

I rarely write the type of music that would require a loud shouty choir, but I also didn't own anything to cover that sort of thing so I bought Oceania at $99 when the sale was first announced.

It's a blast. One press of a key and things become instantly "epic". The sound is great and the playability is incredible. As I mentioned, I don't really write music that would require it very often, so I do not know how often I will actually use it, but I certainly don't regret the purchase. It is a phenomenal, but limited library.

I think for shorts I am fine with Adventure Strings and a good reverb. Oceania sounds amazing though. Thing is I know I won't need it for quite some time. Has it gone to $99 in the past? If so I might hang fire and pick up when I need it on their next sale.

I think for shorts I am fine with Adventure Strings and a good reverb. Oceania sounds amazing though. Thing is I know I won't need it for quite some time. Has it gone to $99 in the past? If so I might hang fire and pick up when I need it on their next sale.
Yes, these same sale prices were around leading up to Black Friday 2018.

BTW, you can actually go into the Deals Tiers 1&2 sections and use the search function, it'll turn these up.

Picked it up 3 weeks ago ... for regular price ... :rolleyes: but thats ok. Theres nothing comparable for Staccatos and for what it does its perfect.
For $99 its a great deal.

Oh so it does have staccatoes? Great.

What syllables does it come with? please, thanks.
Only a dozen shorts, but they work very well. So there is no phrase builder or anything comparable. The automatic sequence is fixed, but you have keyswitches to start from any point in the phrase.
Its only 5 patches. Man and woman, men, woman, men rise and man shouts.
So, its very basic, but i don't know any other choir that is doing staccatos like this. Listen to the demos on their website, they do amazing libs.
You don't need to key switch between sustain and staccato, that's really playable.

I ve tried a lot to teach my ql symphony choir to sing that precisely, but I failed again and again.
Everthing else is perfect but staccato for the big moment, the climax of the dramatic of an epic work ... a debacle .. Oceania was the solution.

Only a dozen shorts, but they work very well. So there is no phrase builder or anything comparable. The automatic sequence is fixed, but you have keyswitches to start from any point in the phrase.
Its only 5 patches. Man and woman, men, woman, men rise and man shouts.
So, its very basic, but i don't know any other choir that is doing staccatos like this. Listen to the demos on their website, they do amazing libs.
You don't need to key switch between sustain and staccato, that's really playable.

I ve tried a lot to teach my ql symphony choir to sing that precisely, but I failed again and again.
Everthing else is perfect but staccato for the big moment, the climax of the dramatic of an epic work ... a debacle .. Oceania was the solution.

Awesome, just what I meant by syllables I mean : ah, oh, ee, oo, ey, etc, the webpage says it comes with
  • Ten syllables
But doesn't say which ones.
Demos sound very good though.

Oh so it does have staccatoes? Great.

What syllables does it come with? please, thanks.
Sorry, there are no syllables like ah oh eh ...! Just short phrases!
For syllables I prefer the symphony choir, or requiem light, vsl ah is also incredible.

Top Bottom