What's new

Venice Modern Strings - Intro offer ends in 24h

Sections are 8 5 5 5 3
We have up/down for the arcs and the staccato, 4 dynamic layers for legato, poly legato and sustain and the staccato. RRs vary for the staccato and staccatissimo we have a system with random RRs with more than 4/5 RRs x up/down so it may be 10 per note. (Every note in a certain dynamic area "picks" a random sample from the available RRs in that area).

We have some other ideas that I'd like to implement like that ability to change the speed for the arcs, a keyswitch to force up or down strokes, and so on..
Fantastic. Really looking forward...Polylegatos !!! And rebowings !!! Great !
You could also add a transpose button that enables transpose +/- 24 tones up or down (like the one in OT's Capsule). It is great for layering instruments ....
Just an suggestion...... Thanks ! ( And even maybe an ostinato creator......)...

Sections are 8 5 5 5 3
We have up/down for the arcs and the staccato, 4 dynamic layers for legato, poly legato and sustain and the staccato. RRs vary for the staccato and staccatissimo we have a system with random RRs with more than 4/5 RRs x up/down so it may be 10 per note. (Every note in a certain dynamic area "picks" a random sample from the available RRs in that area).

We have some other ideas that I'd like to implement like that ability to change the speed for the arcs, a keyswitch to force up or down strokes, and so on..

Thanks! This all sounds really promising. 4 dynamic layers beats a lot of developers who offer 3, so that's great to hear. Up/ Down staccato is fantastic to hear and will certainly add to the realism. Can't wait to hear more demos and see walkthroughs etc. Cheers!

Sections are 8 5 5 5 3

LOVE the section sizes. Can't wait to hear naked walkthroughs.

Very interesting, I like the teaser, the GUI and the sound.
Will it be possible to use a breath controller for dynamics?

Sections are 8 5 5 5 3

edit: also the Arcs have 4 dynamic layers

Are there any recorded/ real con sords?

Hello guys!

Something to listen!

Here are some demos of the library.
Shoshin by Riccardo Barba, which shows the library in a typical "Olafur/Einaudi" style. It's nice to note that most of the musicians in this library performed in many famous soundtracks like Einaudi: Experience (watch Watchtower of Turkey, which is an awesome video that inspired a lot our teaser).

Streets of Venice by Antongiulio Frulio, which is one of the works that shows the library in its pureness. I love the burtonian atmosphere.

Gondolas by Ignacio Nunez, that is the demo of the teaser, complete without additional sound effects.

These demos don't showcase all the sounds and articulations in the library, but they are a beautiful example of the sound of these instruments (which we love).

Higher quality playlist at:
https://fidbak.audio/fluffyaudio/player/34c6c3b135ac6c6e30d76cc4

Hello guys!

Something to listen!

Shoshin by Riccardo Barba, which shows the library in a typical "Olafur/Einaudi" style. It's nice to note that most of the musicians in this library performed in many famous soundtracks like Einaudi: Experience (watch Watchtower of Turkey, which is an awesome video that inspired a lot our teaser).

Streets of Venice by Antongiulio Frulio, which is one of the works that shows the library in its pureness. I love the burtonian atmosphere.

Gondolas by Ignacio Nunez, that is the demo of the teaser, complete without additional sound effects.

These demos don't showcase all the sounds and articulations in the library, but they are a beautiful example of the sound of these instruments (which we love).

I like street of venice the most. The strings sound beautiful in that piece.

@paoling These Soundcloud demos are beautiful, really enjoying listening to them this morning especially the streets of Venice. Do you have any idea of pricing at this stage, perhaps there might be an introductory offer ? I'm looking for a couple of string libraries at the moment. Grazie mille.

The price won't be something unreasonable I think, something on the line of our most expensive libraries (which are not as expensive as the most expensive libraries of other developers).

If I am not mistaken, Dominus is currently their most expensive library at 379$/€. That would probably put Venice Modern Strings somewhere around/below 400$/€.

Hello guys!

Something to listen!

Pretty, pretty, pretty good.
Reminds me of Einaudi as well as Jóhann Jóhannsson.

I heard from them yesterday, i think they are hoping for a release next week sometime. Fingers crossed. I think there maybe some more demos on another website/forum, but not sure what that would be ? Is there an alternative to VI-Control ?

I heard from them yesterday, i think they are hoping for a release next week sometime. Fingers crossed. I think there maybe some more demos on another website/forum, but not sure what that would be ? Is there an alternative to VI-Control ?

thesoundboard (dot) net. The “Front Page” sub-forum is accessible to all, and has a thread on Venice Modern Strings.

FYI, the rest of the forum is hidden until you join (which is free).

Hello!
Here's a more extended version of the Mahler Adagietto. It's always risky to do mockups of classical music. But it's fun and we love this piece so much so we gave it a try.
It's also a nice way to show the subtle dynamics of this library.

Last edited:
Top Bottom