What's new

New Album Release - Nightscapes

Just took the time to listen to the whole album. I've set myself the goal to review at least one track ( / album) posted in this forum every day, to help some people out, as a lot of good stuff simple gets drowned in the masses of posts.
But there is honestly nothing negativ I could criticize about your album, CGR. It's lovely and relaxing to listen to. Simple and perfect for it's genre with some nice non-piano details on top.

May I ask what piano libraries you used?

Reactions: CGR
Just took the time to listen to the whole album. I've set myself the goal to review at least one track ( / album) posted in this forum every day, to help some people out, as a lot of good stuff simple gets drowned in the masses of posts.
But there is honestly nothing negativ I could criticize about your album, CGR. It's lovely and relaxing to listen to. Simple and perfect for it's genre with some nice non-piano details on top.

May I ask what piano libraries you used?

Thanks Meetyhtan - I appreciate your thoughts and taking the time to listen.
I used a variety of piano libraries on the album - mainly drawn from the recently released UVI Keysuite Collection. My beautiful 1924 Richard Lipp & Sohns (Stuttgart) acoustic grand piano is due for a final tune this month after a prolonged (ie. as funds became available!) restoration process over the last few years, so I am planning to record this for my next album, along with some live guitars and other instrumentation.

Really enjoyed listening to that. It has a sombreness that puts me in the mood to replay games like Dreamfall the Longest Journey and Child Of Light again. I could quite easily listen to 13-16 on repeat all day :) Love the bass on Three Two One and at 2.50 on Blindsided. Was that a VI?

Reactions: CGR
Really enjoyed listening to that. It has a sombreness that puts me in the mood to replay games like Dreamfall the Longest Journey and Child Of Light again. I could quite easily listen to 13-16 on repeat all day :) Love the bass on Three Two One and at 2.50 on Blindsided. Was that a VI?
Pleased to hear you enjoyed it Will. I intentionally sequenced the final 5 tracks as a 'suite' of tunes to take you through to the end of the album, so your comment was nice to hear. All instrumentation is VI based. I sometimes layer basses (eg. a Fender/Electric bass together with a subtle amount of synth bass) which is what I used for 'Three Two One' & 'Blindsided'. Thanks for your interest and support.

Thanks Meetyhtan - I appreciate your thoughts and taking the time to listen.
I used a variety of piano libraries on the album - mainly drawn from the recently released UVI Keysuite Collection. My beautiful 1924 Richard Lipp & Sohns (Stuttgart) acoustic grand piano is due for a final tune this month after a prolonged (ie. as funds became available!) restoration process over the last few years, so I am planning to record this for my next album, along with some live guitars and other instrumentation.
dammit I knew I should have picked keysuite up :P

Did you use some kind of plucked strings for Waltz Laura? Was this also part of UVI keysuite? Or UVI augmented piano or something? Love every track <3

dammit I knew I should have picked keysuite up :P

Did you use some kind of plucked strings for Waltz Laura? Was this also part of UVI keysuite? Or UVI augmented piano or something? Love every track <3
The plucked sound on 'Waltz for Laura' is a Dulcimer VI.

Top Bottom