What's new

Spitfire Spring Wish List Announced ;)

Well....bought the Studio Woodwinds Core....if the tree mic doesn't work for me, then I'll just upgrade to pro.

How long are the orders 'pending' for....
First order from Spitfire....assumed it was automatic.

Well....bought the Studio Woodwinds Core....if the tree mic doesn't work for me, then I'll just upgrade to pro.

How long are the orders 'pending' for....
First order from Spitfire....assumed it was automatic.
Most of the time it takes roughly half an hour. Might take some more time during a busy sale.
Install the Spitfire Audio downloader tool meanwhile, login and see if it is already there.

OACE does look lovely. I wonder how it compares to Orchestral Tools Time Macro (aside from the number of players, which is 4/3/3/3/3 versus 10/10/8/8/6). I own the latter and am not sure how much OACE would add.
I can't tell you how it compares as I don't have OT, but wow, this thing is inspiration in a box. I had held off OACE for a long time, as I'd convinced myself with a combination of Tundra and BDT I could get the same sound, and the 'waves' was just laziness when it comes to sculpting the dynamics. I was wrong! It's beautiful to play, and because it releases you of other considerations while playing (the waves and evolutions are so playable), you can just focus on the sound, and it's absolutely beautiful.

My son is visiting a 2nd world war concentration camp next week, and has to produce a video for his class project. I've offered to provide some underscore... oh I now have the perfect, most brooding, unsettling and emotive strings for the job. Buy OACE - you won't regret it. I find it it like BDT in that you can sit and play, and it's hard not to play something that doesn't sound amazing. 10/10 Spitfire.

Tried OACE, SStOrch and Woodwinds

For sure ..... a very focused Reply to this specific question will be most helpful.
OACE remains top of current list, yet open to better understanding where it stands apart from OT_TM.
I'm not sure the section sizes you will find the most relevant consideration. As I mentioned, I can't compare to OT, but to me the value is in the 2 main innovations: the evolving strings with different textures (subtle, thrills, episodic & dissonant), and the waves. Both of these are what make it stand out as very different to anything else I own. I love it - I tend to play melancholic, brooding orchestral, and it fits this absolutely perfectly.

I am missing the same two libraries from both Olafur and Scandii bundles. But the prices for complete my bundle are different in both of them. Surprisingly it's more expensive in the BIGGER bundle. But maybe that's because I bought Tundra on Apex sale price so it's not credited the same as someone who bought at full.
If that would really be the reason for different prices, I would be done purchasing anything from Spitfire. The bundle discount is supposed to be based on what you already bought, not on what you paid for it. But I don't think that is the reason. It must be a screwed up data base. Or why else would they offer me Bernard Herrmann for less money alone than in the bohemian bundle where I already have all other libraries? Doesn't make sense, does it?
Besides all of that: I find it really problematic that they calculate a price based on several criteria (owned products in the bundle, bundle discount, sale discount, etc), but withhold the calculation from you! That is a clear lack of transparency in my mind and it is off putting to me. Compare how it is done on the VSL site! You click the info button and see a precise calculation what you pay for what and after the sum which kind of discount applies for what reason. Spitfire used to do it similarly, but then decided we do not need to see it. I rebel! I protest! Whatever ... :) I want to see that!

Not too bad. 1 hour to get the download started....Now as soon as CSS is finished downloading, I can start downloading SStW

If that would really be the reason for different prices, I would be done purchasing anything from Spitfire. The bundle discount is supposed to be based on what you already bought, not on what you paid for it. But I don't think that is the reason. It must be a screwed up data base. Or why else would they offer me Bernard Herrmann for less money alone than in the bohemian bundle where I already have all other libraries? Doesn't make sense, does it?
Besides all of that: I find it really problematic that they calculate a price based on several criteria (owned products in the bundle, bundle discount, sale discount, etc), but withhold the calculation from you! That is a clear lack of transparency in my mind and it is off putting to me. Compare how it is done on the VSL site! You click the info button and see a precise calculation what you pay for what and after the sum which kind of discount applies for what reason. Spitfire used to do it similarly, but then decided we do not need to see it. I rebel! I protest! Whatever ... :) I want to see that!
Please people, can we discuss the quality of the libraries, not the way prices are calculated? Such a comment is best directed at Spitfire customer service directly I think. I have been in touch with them a couple of times and their service has been impeccable each time - always correcting things that are wrong and explaining things that might seem wrong.

Hmmmmm. Kinda relevant depending on each User.
Personal 1st Cart load was incorrect. Nw seems OK after log out and redo.
Discussing with SFA can be fine, but some mention of experienced issues here seems reasonable.

People who got Tundra, the choir, or LCO strings are in for such a treat.
Honestly I also had a blast last night when I played around with some Multipatches of OACE + BDT.
I don't know when the last time was where I just shut off my brain and actually played around for a bit without wanting to record and tweak everything.

Looking forward to checking out Tundra tomorrow.

Honestly I also had a blast last night when I played around with some Multipatches of OACE + BDT.
I don't know when the last time was where I just shut off my brain and actually played around for a bit without wanting to record and tweak everything.

Looking forward to checking out Tundra tomorrow.
both Tundra, OACE, and I'd say Loegria are just stunningly beautiful.

Please people, can we discuss the quality of the libraries, not the way prices are calculated? Such a comment is best directed at Spitfire customer service directly I think. I have been in touch with them a couple of times and their service has been impeccable each time - always correcting things that are wrong and explaining things that might seem wrong.
You don't want to discuss pricing in the DEALS DEALS DEALS forum?

A really nice feature of OACE that I hadn't picked up on before playing with it, that people might like to know about: with the Komplete keyboards, the color-coding of the Evo grid is reflected on your keyboard, so for example, if you choose to randomize across all effects, you can see which keys have the 'subtle' effect (lit in yellow), which have the episodic (keys lit in blue), thrills (red) and dissonant (green). Alternatively, if you have randomized in the subtle category only (yellow), and just pick out one peg for thrills, then these keys are lit in red on your keyboard. It's a really nice feature, and provides a visual guide to help you bring in each effect when it suits the melody best. Very cool.

A really nice feature of OACE that I hadn't picked up on before playing with it, that people might like to know about: with the Komplete keyboards, the color-coding of the Evo grid is reflected on your keyboard, so for example, if you choose to randomize across all effects, you can see which keys have the 'subtle' effect (lit in yellow), which have the episodic (keys lit in blue), thrills (red) and dissonant (green). Alternatively, if you have randomized in the subtle category only (yellow), and just pick out one peg for thrills, then these keys are lit in red on your keyboard. It's a really nice feature, and provides a visual guide to help you bring in each effect when it suits the melody best. Very cool.
Yes, the light guide is particulary useful with evo libraries. That's why I pitty Spitfire's decision to discontinue the Kontakt versions of Evo 1, 2 and 4.

Yes, the light guide is particulary useful with evo libraries. That's why I pitty Spitfire's decision to discontinue the Kontakt versions of Evo 1, 2 and 4.
Good point, I hadn't thought of that. Having been really impressed with the Evos in OACE, and having previously felt this was a bit of a gimmick, I've started to look again at the Evo libraries. The Spitfire engine doesn't bother me too much - I don't love it, but it wouldn't put me off buying, but you're right, the loss of NKS-compatability is a lot to lose with little to actually gain from the Spitfire GUI, as far as I can see.

Top Bottom