What's new

Spitfire Spring Wish List Announced ;)

I decided to get the Studio Brass Pro. I have not decided on anything else in my wishlist.
I'm tempted as well. If I get something, then this. Tundra is nice, but it won't fit my type of music in the long term I guess. And I'm not paying 269 euros on a library that I will probably use in less than 10, non-commercial full compositions. Roughly said at least.

Yes, it is hard. My ponderings amount to:
1. British drama toolkit
2. Studio Brass pro or core
3. Edna+Kinematik
4. The Grange
5. Several combinations of 1-5
6. Nothing. Keep my money for a pc upgrade.

The difficult thing is that I'd like all my libraries to fully useful. However, I often find a library has only a few instruments and articulations that are "sample gold" and get a lot use, while the rest sit idle. I've bought very few things where I use the majority of the instruments consistently. That being said, every Spitfire purchase has at least a few "sample gold" instruments, and often quite a few.

Question to Spitfire: could you sort out all of those bundle mistakes? Or could you consider to include information on what amounts are actually deducted for owning libraries, again? The thing is, this kind of sale is great, as it is a ton of free marketing research for you guys and it’s also good for us in theory, as it is uncomplicated. But only in theory! Every year I am puzzled why some
products seem to be missing and have to calculate for every deal, if the result makes any sense. That mostly led to me not purchasing in the past due to being frustrated about that. Yes, I know! I can contact support for each bundle individually! But that is not the easy procedure I have in mind with sales.
If you would turn back to providing a calculation for each bundle as you did in the past, it would be at least easier to spot a mistake.
In my case, I believe to have found these problems:
- bohemian bundle: either LCO or alternative solo strings not registered (I own both But you charge 447€ with the discount - more than BH alone!)
- hybrid bundle: I have everything except for Phobos and you charge 370€

Probably more ...

Question to Spitfire: could you sort out all of those bundle mistakes? Or could you may include information on what amounts are actually deducted for owning libraries? The thing is, this kind of sale is great for you, as it is a ton of free marketing research for you guys and it’s also good for us in theory, as it is uncomplicated. But only in theory! Every year I am puzzled why some
products seem to be missing and have to calculate for every deal, if the result makes any sense. That mostly led to me not purchasing due to being frustrated about that. Yes, I know! I can contact support for each bundle individually! But that is not the easy procedure I have in mind with sales.
If you would turn back to providing a calculation for each bundled as you did in the past, it would be at least easier to spot a mistake.
In my case, I believe to have found these problems:
- bohemian bundle: either LCO or alternative solo strings not registered (I own both But you charge 447€ with the discount - more than BH alone!)
- hybrid bundle: I have everything except for Phobos and you charge 370€

Probably more ...
I'm sure they can sort you out if you email support. They're probably slammed right now though.

Today i´ll pick something for sure. Not 100% sure what.

1- Deciding between SStO Core or Pro.
2- Solo Strings now or on the next wish list (following @James H advice, since i don't need them right now and already have JB Violin, 8dio´s ISS and some freebies)
3- Upgrade to SCS Pro.

I´m 95% certain of picking SStO Pro and SCS Pro Upgrade.

2 main reasons for that:

1- I´m really in love with SStO tone and versatility and the Pro version seems even more versatile (with the mics and more instruments). I really liked their strings too but from their demos, i still prefer SCS overall, but the fact that they're different and SStS are on the same dry space as SStWW and SStB makes me think that these two strings would complete each other. The upgrade on SCS is to help them blend together as well (with close mics). Makes sense or i´m just overlaping these strings?

2- A client paid me today, so...right now i can buy these without losing my mind. I don't know if i will be in the same position on the next wish list! :rofl:

Scraped Percussion:
Depends how much use you'd get out of it. I'm currently working on a drama project so need good scraped metal samples.
I listened to the walkthrough video and lots of the stuff included there reminded me of what is included in the Kontakt Factory Library already, which most of us should own. Some others in different libraries, the water glass (?) sounds for example in MA2, if I remember correctly. Not much use for me.

Scraped Percussion:

I listened to the walkthrough video and lots of the stuff included there reminded me of what is included in the Kontakt Factory Library already, which most of us should own. Some others in different libraries, the water glass (?) sounds for example in MA2, if I remember correctly. Not much use for me.

Yeah, interesting! I found myself also recently in the situation (re)discover which treasures are buried inside the Kontakt Library - lots of instruments were there, which I never really tried out and unusual stuff too. So yes, sometimes it's helpful to have a lookaround on the lokal drive first and maybe to do a comparism then. Maybe open the Kontakt instrument in standalone while listening to another from walkthrough video.

FYI, Spitfire only guarantees that they will make it possible for you to download within 24 hours after purchase.

The first library I ordered was available for download within five minutes. The second I have waited 13 hours for--so far.

Anybody who has made a decision but is not able to download yet--I'd get my order in now.

EDIT: Spitfire got back to me. The reason my order is late is that they are waiting for serial numbers from NI.

Last edited:
I think I'll grab Spitfire Percussion, Symphonic WW and Ricotti Mallets for now. These are the instruments that I'm missing the most for current work.

Does anyone own both the Spitfire Percussion and Ricotti Mallets, I'm wondering how the tuned percussion compares in both?

Scraped Percussion:

I’ll have to have root around, might save me some money!

Top Bottom