What's new

How badly do I need percussion?

sIR dORT

For library and trailer music, how soon do I need to get it? I would like to turn to a style like Blakus' as he is trailer-ish yet still very orchestral and not necessarily very synthy. I noticed that he uses Hans Zimmer perc a lot in his cues, but all I have right now is HWP and 8dio Epic Toms, whose scope is limited. So again, how necessary is that purchase for that style?

Thanks ahead of time :)

Trailer music isn't my style at all but I can tell that you'll most probably need your percussion as soon as you open your DAW trying to put something together specially for Action movies...and honestly I think you are already good to go with your HWP & 8Dio's toms if you're leaning to a more organic style. If one day you wanted to venture just a bit towards the synthy side yet without losing the organic feel, then maybe you'll need to check something like drum fury, action strike or red room saga as these libraries seem to hold the stick well from the middle due to their tight recording which grants more flexibility for processing...I wouldn't really recommend HZP though in such case as they're inherently wet so you'll just be stuck with what they are

Top Bottom