What's new

Configuring Kontakt for surround in VePro

Mackieguy

I'm creating a new surround sound template for my Cubase 10 DAW networked to a slave PC running VePro 6. I have Cubase configured for Quadro as well as VePro. The Master bus in VePro shows the surround panner and is routed to Out1 - Out4. Since I am running A LOT of instruments in Kontakt, I want to route the surround mics to the outputs 3&4.

Everything works when routed to the default Kontakt st. 1 output and it plays through VePro Out1 and Out2.

However, when I create st. 2 and map it in Kontakt to Out3 and Out4 and (after restarting the Kontakt plugin) reroute the surround mic to st. 2 - I get no sound from that output.

Does VePro recognize those additional outputs? Does anybody have a step by step for configuring Kontakt for surround in VePro 6?

BTW, I tested this with EW Play for Hollywood Strings Diamond and it worked flawlessly straight away. I even recorded a 4-channel audio file in Cubase so I don't think this is a VePro/Cubase issue. It seems unique to Kontakt.

Any ideas?

Have you used the VEpro surround plugin in Cubase?
Yes. Cubase isn’t the issue as I was able to run non-Kontakt plugins in surround from VePro. I’m only having the issue with Kontakt in VePro. Not others.

Hope this clarifies this. :)

Hello,

I did struggle with this issue too. Are you Mac or PC ?
In PC, Kontakt is seen by VEPRO only in stereo. See this message from the VSL support in June 2018 :

"I was in fact checking this on my Mac with the AU version of Kontakt, which can indeed be loaded as a true 5.1 plug-in in VE Pro, and just realised that this is not possible with the VST version of Kontakt on my PC.

I will notify our developers of this inconsistency and they will hopefully be able to implement a fix during the next VE Pro update spin - thanks for your patience!

Best regards from Vienna,
Marnix Veenenbos"

No need to say that as far I know it has not been fixed...
Don't know if it will be in VEPRO 7.

The workaround is to add so-called "input channels" for each instrument (see in the manual "Multitimbral Plugins in Vienna Ensemble PRO"), but then the template becomes quickly an ugly mess...

I'm currently leaving VEPRO 6, as it's too buggy and not fixed/updated (unless you pay VEPRO7 update to get new bugs...). For that, I will leave Cubase too and go to Digital Performer, even if it has drawbacks.

Hello,

I did struggle with this issue too. Are you Mac or PC ?
In PC, Kontakt is seen by VEPRO only in stereo. See this message from the VSL support in June 2018 :

"I was in fact checking this on my Mac with the AU version of Kontakt, which can indeed be loaded as a true 5.1 plug-in in VE Pro, and just realised that this is not possible with the VST version of Kontakt on my PC.

I will notify our developers of this inconsistency and they will hopefully be able to implement a fix during the next VE Pro update spin - thanks for your patience!

Best regards from Vienna,
Marnix Veenenbos"

No need to say that as far I know it has not been fixed...
Don't know if it will be in VEPRO 7.

The workaround is to add so-called "input channels" for each instrument (see in the manual "Multitimbral Plugins in Vienna Ensemble PRO"), but then the template becomes quickly an ugly mess...

I'm currently leaving VEPRO 6, as it's too buggy and not fixed/updated (unless you pay VEPRO7 update to get new bugs...). For that, I will leave Cubase too and go to Digital Performer, even if it has drawbacks.
Thanks for the update. I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to make this work as I am on a PC. Maybe VePro7 will fix this... #notholdingmybreath

Top Bottom