What's new

Sonivox Orchestral Companion Woodwinds

Midi learn the volume knob and the built in low pass filter to modwheel. It is not perfect but makes things very much livelier.
This works well, but it's much better if you can control the low and high values of the volume and low pass for more control. This is why I suggest users of Reaper use ReaLearn.

I was surprised to see that there are two glisses up and two glisses down for the flute ensemble and the solo oboe.

Also, if you are a really big spender, you can get 19 SONiVOX products for $49.99 at PluginBoutique if you already have one. (I really like the Atsia and Silk Road percussion, each of which are also often available for $5 or less.)
  • TimewARP 2600
  • Twist
  • Wobble
  • Orchestral Companion - Brass
  • Orchestral Companion - Strings
  • Orchestral Companion Woodwinds
  • Big Bang Cinematic Percussion
  • Eighty Eight Ensemble
  • Big Bang Universal Drums
SONiVOX Singles
  • Atsia Percussion
    Atsia Bass Drums
    Atsia Bells
  • Blue Jay Drums
  • Bright Electric Guitar
  • Classic Bass
  • FM Piano
  • Harmonica
  • Harpsichord
  • Session Drums 1
    Silk Road - Stick Drums
  • Silk Road Percussion
    Silk Road - Stick Drums
    Silk Road - Frame Drums
  • Taylor Acoustic Guitar
makes me wonder if this set work more reccent macs.

I have generally avoided Sonivox but the bargain hunter I am the $49 Premier bundle has piqued my curiosity. I bought Broadway Lites when it was a Sonivox product,I just asked Plugin Boutique tech support if this will qualify?

Last edited:
To my ear, they have a kind of vintage, old-Hollywood feel. (I actually did an album of fake vintage film music with them....)

I'd love to hear that. Generally i am pretty interested in hearing what people has achieved with these, as i remember the strings as quite dreadful. I am considering getting the WW and Brass though, as it seems very complete.

I'd love to hear that. Generally i am pretty interested in hearing what people has achieved with these, as i remember the strings as quite dreadful. I am considering getting the WW and Brass though, as it seems very complete.

The more I'm thinking about it I might go the same route,WW & Brass for $10 is a good deal. This way I can avoid the bloat of other products I'll probably never use...........

Are there any other products in the Premier bundle users like?
The Silk Road Percussion and Atsia Percussion plugins caught my eye,does anyone here use them?

Thanks

Last edited:
I just bought the three libraries (strings, brass, woodwinds), they are also available at Best Service for the low price. The overall sound is quite good.

Pity that the dynamics are controlled via velocity. What do the swells mean which are mentioned on the website? Swells controlled by modwheel?

I'm also considering to make my own Kontakt instruments, because the wav files are accessible. But I can only play the brass files. When I try to open the strings or woodwinds files, e. g. with VLC, they won't play. Does anyone know if these are protected?

We're talking ensembles but there are solo woods too in these, and they have a nice tone... here are little phrases by solo flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, sustain patches, and staccato ensemble. Of course there are also staccatos, non vib, fx, too many to try them all

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/svoxwinds-mp3.18665/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• SvoxWinds.mp3
    7.3 MB · Views: 251
We're talking ensembles but there are solo woods too in these, and they have a nice tone... here are little phrases by solo flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, sustain patches, and staccato ensemble. Of course there are also staccatos, non vib, fx, too many to try them all

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/svoxwinds-mp3.18665/][/AUDIOPLUS]
Damn, that actually sounds really good! Seems like i'll most likely get me the woodwinds at least.

The Sonivox orchestral suite libraries are based on older (more extensive/multi-sampled?) libraries that they published as Sonic Implants. I can't really remember because it's been a long time, but the Soundcloud demos they use for their Companion series are possible the same demos they used for the discontinued Symphonic Collection, so I'm a little dubious about how well these VSTs reflect the demos...

I know it's a bit vengeful to dredge up a 15 year old forum thread, but besides this I've only read lukewarm/negative opinions on Sonivox's VST re-releases of their older samples:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36303

I have generally avoided Sonivox but the bargain hunter I am the $49 Premier bundle has piqued my curiosity. I bought Broadway Lites when it was a Sonivox product,I just asked Plugin Boutique tech support if this will qualify?
You can buy any of the SONiVOX "Singles" products now for $2.49 at Reverb.com Buy one, and you are eligible for the $49 upgrade.

The Atsia Percussion and Silk Road Percussion libraries are a steal at those prices, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some other goodies in there. But again, you can download fully functional demos of all SONiVOX products for free from the SONiVOX site and decide for yourself.

Pity that the dynamics are controlled via velocity. What do the swells mean which are mentioned on the website? Swells controlled by modwheel?
It's bogus, unless your mod wheel is tied to Cc11, which controls expression. There are, however, the workarounds mentioned above.

You can buy any of the SONiVOX "Singles" products now for $2.49 at Reverb.com Buy one, and you are eligible for the $49 upgrade.
The Atsia Percussion and Silk Road Percussion libraries are a steal at those prices, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some other goodies in there. But again, you can download fully functional demos of all SONiVOX products for free from the SONiVOX site and decide for yourself.

Thanks! great prices at a nobrainer price.
;)

It's bogus, unless your mod wheel is tied to Cc11, which controls expression. There are, however, the workarounds mentioned above.
How can you assign CC11 to the mod wheel - do you do it from your DAW? (I have Reaper and Studio One but I have never tried it)

OMG, more of that so cheapened goodies, had them on the radar for a while - so thanks a lot, Tiger!
Time will tell how much all of that will be used (here), and hopefully some of you (or myself) will do some extraordinairy stuff with that and let the world listen to it.

Just too much of it all - the falling prices make me frightened and brainless :|

Top Bottom