What's new

Who knows this company - Sonex - strange pricing

Tastenclown

Hi, I came to Sonex Kontakt libraries, found it through a link on KVR:

https://www.sonex.store/en/index.php?route=common/home

This seems to be a really stange low pricing and I do not know how the quality
of the libraries is. At the moment they offer a free version of a Yamaha Grand to download, so I will try this one.
Does anyone have experience with this?

I'm reminded of the saying "If something seems too good to be true, it probably is".

- Acoustic Pianos: Yamaha C3, Yamaha C5, Yamaha C7, Fazioli F308, Bosendorfer 290, Steinway D, Steinway B, Baldwin and Upright Piano.

- 4 separate mic positions: close (stereo and mono), middle, far, and ambience (room)

- 12 velocity layers

- Sustain Pedal Off / Sustain Pedal On / Release samples

- Nearly 800GB of uncompressed sample content (compressed to 144 GB)

- 76.072 Samples (Kontakt Lossless Sample Compression format)

Am i reading this right? All those for $19.99?

I saw this on KVR as well. They have an Suite bundle that has everything they offer for 69.99. I downloaded the free C7. It was very bright and thin sounding to my ears. I compared it to Keyscape's C7. I've never heard of them before but with that pricing its tempting. Thinking surely there's something in this collection I can find useful.

Do not send them money. They are as dodgy as they can get.
Unfortunately there are people around the web that will re-sample or repackage existing libraries, and sell as their own. This is one of those cases.

Where can I get shirts that HZ likes? Asking for a friend.

Well I tried to buy their brass library, I have no use for it but it's a cheap thrill. Unfortunately their website won't let me pay :(

Screenshot from 2019-02-24 00-53-43.png

Scratch that, I reloaded and I got passed the payment stage :D

It's a 9GB download...
Oh no!
I should have mentioned, you can get their other brass samples (or the same ones?) for much cheaper on their sister site: https://www.qataz.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=25&product_id=204 (https://www.qataz.com/)
Where can I get shirts that HZ likes? Asking for a friend.
Well, in my case, it was a limited run of shirts printed for a fundraising campaign Hans was involved in.

Reminds me of that "company" years ago that were selling resampled VSL instruments rebranded as their own. I can't remember their name anymore though.

Last edited:
I think I get it now. If I remember well I had a struggle with the quataz site last year (not 100 % sure cause they always change the outfit of the site but there is not so much around like this) cause they first offered evrything as free, I downloaded something and instally deleted cause it sounds awful. Then some month after it there was the quataz site now offering it VERY cheap. I bought something then afterwards realized that it is the SAME then the free stuff. I must say I wrote a very angry email and got my money back but I would really stay away from this stuff. They had just hidden the free stuff (which was still there, the old links worked) and sold it. Think with the new site they are trying out how far they can go to sell free stuff (wherever that has come from, thats another question)...

EDIT: YES, it was, found the emails I sent, was quataz. Seems they now have deleted the free stuff (even if they announced it with "will be free forever"). But what I have to say: I got an answer from the support and money back (but my email was very "strict" (paypal complaint, other legal steps to follow :) ).

The only thing that makes me wonder back then that after completing order they sent me a link to the same free site from which I have downloaded before....so not really clever :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom