What's new

75% Off – Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion by Impact Soundworks!

I would have thought, if it's a Kontakt library, you could do this inside Kontakt.

If not, presumably there's at least a workaround, like loading the same patches (but different mics) into two different Kontakt instances (say, "close" and "far") that have the same midi channel, then routing those different Kontakt instances separately.

Thank you @JohnG, that's what I was guessing as well. The only condition for this to work is in the round robin management. If they're random, here comes trouble :)

The term "no-brainer" has been made for deals like this.

This one wasn't crucial for me but I've wanted it since it seems more versatile than the typical !EPIIIIIC! percussion library. For the cost of a meal and a couple of drinks, this is definitely a deal that phrase was made for. Bought! :grin:

I decided not to get it.... It seems I already have it. This is when I realize how much stuff I have when I can't remember what I own and what I don't. At least I thought to check before just buying it again.

I do like all the Impact Soundworks libraries that I remember I own and use. They just do a great job.

I know that feeling and I'm not biting because it will become buried away and barely if ever used. Once upon a time it would have been a must have at this generous price but there are only so many percussion libraries I can own.

What's the comparable competition for this library?

Nothing. I mean it. All the rest sounds either too distant, too big or simply too muddy. This sounds small and focused, and that is it's absolute biggest strength; it's so flexible it'll fit in any composition. Perhaps Vienna has a dry library like this, and Hollywood Percussion can be pretty dry with the close microphones. This one has modwheel swells for anything that needs it. Big deal for me, makes it really easy and fast to work with!

I went back and watched the walkthrough video and really like the choke keys. That's a clever, simple idea I wish I could use in so many libraries. So I bought it. So much for saying no!

I went back and watched the walkthrough video and really like the choke keys. That's a clever, simple idea I wish I could use in so many libraries. So I bought it. So much for saying no!
This is what usually happens to me. If it sounds good and is a great price, you really have to grab it.

I have Berlin Percussion, is there any reason I would need this?

It has a very different sound (as ^ said).

It's a really well set out, great sounding library. I was testing it out with the spitfire studio orchestra earlier and they work together really well. Can't believe I almost passed on this actually.

Excellent deal! I paid twice for it a few months ago, and it was already on sale. Grab it if you want a good set of orchestral percussions without too much reverb baked in.

I decided not to get it.... It seems I already have it. This is when I realize how much stuff I have when I can't remember what I own and what I don't. At least I thought to check before just buying it again.

I do like all the Impact Soundworks libraries that I remember I own and use. They just do a great job.

Join the club.

Top Bottom