What's new

Cinesamples: Cineperc. Still worth the money?

Where did you get the "core" percussion from? They only have the $799 bundle, then a bunch of secondary libraries, but I do not see a core.
When CinePerc was first released 6 years ago, it came in 4 separate parts: Core, Pro, Epic, and Aux. They were all sold separately and had different instruments to serve their respective functions. Then about 3 years ago they combined it into one big library.

When CinePerc was first released 6 years ago, it came in 4 separate parts: Core, Pro, Epic, and Aux. They were all sold separately and had different instruments to serve their respective functions. Then about 3 years ago they combined it into one big library.

Why on earth? LOL Why limit their potential customers to make an $800 library instead...:(

I believe they used to be separate products but they all got bundled together
Yes, I bought the original Core package, that covers all the standard orchestral percussions. It was the biggest one. There is an upgrade path for me, if I want the full CinePerc package. But I hear they changed the mapping for more consistency in the full version.

The only thing that CORE does NOT have is multiple 'hardness' mallets for the timps. Just wondering it that is worth the upgrade/sale?????

Why on earth? LOL Why limit their potential customers to make an $800 library instead...:(

Really dumb move IMO, especially since I still feel the sting for having bought Cinestrings. Getting me to pony up another several hundred dollars on a second library from them will probably not happen.

The sound of Cinestrings is great, and it's a really awesome library especially for more bold-sounding stuff, but the playability, legatos and buggy scripting makes the library very frustrating to deal with. Just like Cinewinds, basically.

The only thing that CORE does NOT have is multiple 'hardness' mallets for the timps. Just wondering it that is worth the upgrade/sale?????

The «standard» is the best and most versatile, but the hard mallets are really good when you need the extra punch! Not sure if it is worth an upgrade just for those mallets, though

The sound of Cinestrings is great, and it's a really awesome library especially for more bold-sounding stuff, but the playability, legatos and buggy scripting makes the library very frustrating to deal with. Just like Cinewinds, basically.

I’ve had very minor issues on Pro Tools. I also have their solo strings and the sound as you said, is really great. My issue with Cinestrings is the damn noise. They told me a while ago they’re working on a cleanup as they did for the solo library, but hasn’t happened, and not sure it will.

The «standard» is the best and most versatile, but the hard mallets are really good when you need the extra punch! Not sure if it is worth an upgrade just for those mallets, though
Probably right. The only other thing that was 'interesting' was the celeste and maybe low chimes - but for a few hundred????? Having said all this CORE really is good.

Wow. Time to get it. It is an awesome library. Bass drums are still the best out there. Timps great too. So much to like about CinePerc.
Simon - do you have the samples BEYOND the 'Core'? Useful? I am 'mixing and matching' currently a lot for my orch perc - wouldn't mind to keep that section 'mostly' one room though.

Yes bass drums are also great and can punch in a mix, not to mention the monster low hits library, pretty epic!

The Toontrack "Orchestral Percussions" might be what you have been waiting for... It requires Superior Drummer 3...

I am curious to see what they pull off. I was not impressed at all with their "action" release, but I suppose this will be more in line with their superior drums type of thing.

The other thing that makes me hesitate is that it's being recorded in a studio. Not in a hall or even in a drier scoring stage. So I'll be really curious to see how it turns out in terms of placing things, overall tone, etc.

Top Bottom