What's new

Strezov Sampling presents AFFLATUS Chapter 1 // 1.2 Update feat. 18GB of new sample content

I love this library. Can’t wait for the update. Still haven’t explored everything in it. Oooh, aleatoric patches. That’s gonna be a whole lotta fun if it’s anything like as good as the rest of the library.

I can't find the trills patches.. which nki includes those?
Hi Jonas,

open up the Impressionist patches. When you play a single note you'll hear a normal sustained tone; one you hold up another note along with the first one it will trigger a trill up to an octave. So you have the "standard" trills up to a fourth, then things start to get crazier as we get to trills through bowing between strings, etc. Great for textures...

G.

Hey George!

Is it also possible to turn the trills of and to play the patch in sustain mode, maybe via keyswitch?

Hi George @Strezov, is the 1.2 or a later version going to include a FULL patch for the Scene D'amour portatos and the Minimalist Portatos? In the similar way like there is a FULL patch for the Minimlist Legatos. That would be very useful and welcome to be able to do Portatos with just one patch when doing sketches. Thanks. Still loving the library as much as on the first day I bought it.

Hi George @Strezov, is the 1.2 or a later version going to include a FULL patch for the Scene D'amour portatos and the Minimalist Portatos? In the similar way like there is a FULL patch for the Minimlist Legatos. That would be very useful and welcome to be able to do Portatos with just one patch when doing sketches. Thanks. Still loving the library as much as on the first day I bought it.
yes, we'll try to do that. It's just time that is our #1 enemy at the moment...

These strings are so incredible sounding, expressive and satisfying without layering, eq or much processing at all. Scene d’Amour and Vintage being the favorites right now. Thank you George for Afflatus! Can’t wait for Scene d’Amour celli
You’ve nailed it there. I completely agree. Can still make them extra lush/defined/ethereal or whatever you want with some post processing but they are beautiful right out of the box. I just get carried away noodling about.

Not wanting to hassle anyone @Strezov @StrezovSampling, I’m not in a desperate hurry but am working on a piece where I’d like the Scene d’amour cellos. Do we have any new info on next update?

@Strezov or @StrezovSampling

Since I am currently renewing my whole template and already ‘reserved seats ‘ for the announced update:

(From your website)
“Some of the new articulations you can expect are:

• Scene d'amour Celli Legato
  • Scene d'amour Celli Tenuto
  • First Chair Vln 1 Legato
  • First Chair Vln 2 Legato
  • First Chair Vla Legato
  • First Chair Cello Legato
  • First Chair Bass Legato
  • First Chair Vln 1 Spiccato
  • First Chair Vln 2 Spiccato
  • First Chair Vla Spiccato
  • First Chair Cello Spiccato
  • First Chair Bass Spiccato
  • First Chair Vln 1 Pizzicato
  • First Chair Vln 2 Pizzicato
  • First Chair Vla Pizzicato
  • First Chair Cello Pizzicato
  • First Chair Bass Pizzicato
  • Vln 1 Section Sul Ponticello
  • Vln 2 Section Sul Ponticello
  • Vla Section Sul Ponticello
  • Celli Section Sul Ponticello
  • Basses Section Sul Ponticello

Are there any other “reservations” I need to make?
(Ps: I don’t make use of the fx part of afflatus)
So i.o.w. are you willing to share at this point if there is more content then these announced articulations?

Thanks in advance!

Has anyone had problems downloading the update? I tried from my user account and it told me it was expired. Which seems weird.

Seriously, @Strezov ...

giphy.gif

I don’t think an ultimate string library exists or ever will due to the nature of (technical) developments

This is however a very satisfying strings lib when you start to get to know its strenghts.
The new contents, amongst which the solo strings and sul ponts do add great value to afflatus.

If there is one feature request I come accross whilst increasingly using afflatus is : one patch per section ( mostly V1, Violas, Cello) where the legato ( in monophonic use) has more options (2minimally) with different attack choices.
Off course our australian friend has created a strings lib where this is present in good quality, but the vibrato does stand out when using in conjunction with Afflatus.

@Strezov ; off course this is up to strezov whether this will be added, but I would pay for these kind of options as an extension to the main library ( like our german friends have added extensions to the main lib) )

Anyway, a very good library of which I realy like the overal sound, playability and variations of choice.

Last edited:
I don’t think an ultimate string library exists or ever will due to the nature of (technical) developments

If there is one feature request I come accross whilst increasingly using afflatus is : one patch per section ( mostly V1, Violas, Cello) where the legato ( in monophonic use) has more options (2minimally) with different attack choices.
Off course our australian friend has created a strings lib where this is present in good quality, but the vibrato does stand out when using in conjunction with Afflatus.
--------------------------------------
The library already features what you are talking about. There are separate sections on a lot of the patches (Minimalist, Scene D'amour, Lush Strings, Chamber Strings, etc) and the legatos have the option of being Monophonic - All you have to do is turn off the Overlap function in the GUI. Which legato patches are you talking about that do not have separate sections?? Only one I can remember that is not separated sections is the Vintage Violins and Cellos/Vlas, but that one is really not intended to be separated, because it is a certain sound to have VLS I and II playing together, and Cellos and Vlas playing together. Not sure I understand what your request is...

Last edited:
--------------------------------------
The library already features what you are talking about. There are separate section on a lot of the patches (Minimalist, Scene D'amour, Lush Strings, Chamber Strings, etc) and the legatos have the option of being Monophonic - All you have to do is turn of the Overlap function in the GUI. Which legato patches are you talking about that do not have separate sections?? Only one I can remember that is not separated sections is the Vintage Violins and Cellos/Vlas, but that one is really not intended to be separated, because it is a certain sound to have VLS I and II playing together, and Cellos and Vlas playing together. Not sure I understand what your request is...
My phrasing may be incorrect, I do use the overlap/non overlap function in the various patches.

I propose / suggest mainly the idea off different attacks option for the legatos.(like css)

And in trying to think like a dev, I thought its undoable to have this function added in a polylegato system.

Its all hypothetical anyway, but it doesn’t hurt to suggest things.....

The sounds and styles presented in Afflatus are vast in terms of colours and playing techniques. From modern minimalist to golden age and lush epic string ensembles - it's all inside just one collection, which makes Afflatus a great extension to other string libraries covering the bread and butter articulations as well. Here's a live playthrough of the Minimalist String Section.

Holly molly! I love that sound!

Top Bottom