What's new

Anything else like vynil noise to give the track imperfectness and character?

ein fisch

Dreamer
I use vynil noise most of the time to give some sounds an older imperfecter feel and was wondering if you guys could throw in some other ideas than just that to get a slightly more vintage feel

can be fx, noises or whatever..

Last edited:
I swear I mention this plugin in every other post, but I'm doing this Lofi Hip hop album at the moment, as it's turning out to be really handy for that vibe.

It's RC-20 from XLN. So apart from vinyl it also has a wow and flutter module, bit crusher and a few other things to help deteriorate the sound. It's a bit pricey when not on sale though.
But yeah, but crushing, distortion and tape emulation are the things you should look for.

And band pass also helps to bring out an old vibe - that is remove top and low end using an EQ.

Thanks for the suggestions already.. ill have a look at those plugins. I do already own Izotope's vynil, and also waves abbey road vynil.. for being a free plugin izotope's vynil is okay, but i honestly dont find much use for it because of its cheap sound.. my go-to vynil plugin is waves abbey road.

Anyone else that wants to share his favorite plugins for adding that certain kind of something?

I swear I mention this plugin in every other post, but I'm doing this Lofi Hip hop album at the moment, as it's turning out to be really handy for that vibe.

It's RC-20 from XLN. So apart from vinyl it also has a wow and flutter module, bit crusher and a few other things to help deteriorate the sound. It's a bit pricey when not on sale though.
But yeah, but crushing, distortion and tape emulation are the things you should look for.

And band pass also helps to bring out an old vibe - that is remove top and low end using an EQ.
+1

Another +1 for RC-20. It's a very good step up from Izotope's Vinyl. I got it on sale for £35 from Plugin Boutique back in August last year.

Top Bottom