What's new

Water sample library or sample pack?

ein fisch

Dreamer
im doing a project which i want to give some kind of water-feel to it

does somebody know of a sample pack or library which features sounds like water splashes, wave sounds, water bubbles or just anything that has to do with water?

thanks in advance and have a great evening
fisch

I have a Water library for Alchemy. Is it in the newer Logic version of Alchemy or gone forever? EDIT: Yes, it seems some of the stuff is actually in there.

Then there are water sources in iZotope Iris 2.

Last edited:
What's this? A thread without any 8dio bashing??

The water percussion is somewhat cool. Many samples have horrible bathroom reverb on them though.

i use the water percussion as a layer to my other drumkit, for that purpose it was okay.. i wouldn't ever put those samples in the front of a mix though because of their quality

It sounds that you're looking for something that is more in the FX domain, but I have to recommend beautiful "Sonic Ocean" library from Impact Soundworks. This is more melodic than FX library, but its sound and feel are heavily inspired by water and it even uses samples that are derived from natural sources featuring water.

https://impactsoundworks.com/product/sonic-ocean/

thanks both of you:)

what i am specially looking for right now is some kind of bubble transition like used in spongebob ()..

but i cant seem to find one which i can use.. with a underwater sound out of the adobe underwater bundle i was able to create something ok sounding with pitch and filter automation, but i still wish i had a natural sounding bubble transition..

maybe i have to record it myself?

thanks both of you:)

what i am specially looking for right now is some kind of bubble transition like used in spongebob ()..

but i cant seem to find one which i can use.. with a underwater sound out of the adobe underwater bundle i was able to create something ok sounding with pitch and filter automation, but i still wish i had a natural sounding bubble transition..

maybe i have to record it myself?

Simple effect to record- use a straw and a glass of water and blow. The lower the straw is in the glass the bigger/lower pitched the bubbles are. For a bigger sound use a plastic bucket (metal rings too much) or a big ceramic bowl. Try different water levels or straw at different depths. Very controllable. You can layer many samples up to get a thicker/ more underwater sound.

Or if you’re in a rush and have $25 burning a hole in you’re pocket... ;)
https://www.asoundeffect.com/sound-library/underwater/

Cheers!

Last edited:
Tha
Simple effect to record- use a straw and a glass of water and blow. The lower the straw is in the glass the bigger/lower pitched the bubbles are. For a bigger sound use a plastic bucket (metal rings too much) or a big ceramic bowl. Try different water levels or straw at different depths. Very controllable. You can layer many samples up to get a thicker/ more underwater sound.

Or if you’re in a rush and have $25 burning a hole in you’re pocket... ;)
https://www.asoundeffect.com/sound-library/underwater/

Cheers!

Thats a good idea, ill try that with the straw..

Top Bottom