What's new

Spitfire Audio London Contemporary Orchestra Textures – Available now

I've heard that they've gone the extra mile and are actually going to bow the musicians who are bowing the woodwinds. The sound of a horsehair bow delicately caressing a polyester suit is rumored to be the 8th wonder of the world.

Might even cave-in to FB to see this !! :cautious:

I've heard that they've gone the extra mile and are actually going to bow the musicians who are bowing the woodwinds. The sound of a horsehair bow delicately caressing a polyester suit is rumored to be the 8th wonder of the world.

...and rumored to be lower by 6dB compared to the edge of silence.

YES_ SF /LCO ! NO_ FB
Cool that OT choose to also do major announcement on YT. :thumbsup:

(edit) BTW _ No 'criticism/ negatives' toward FB. Simply not needed here and disappointed to miss desirable content limited to FB users.

But do you actually need a FB account if the content is published publicly? I have an account, but it's inactive most of the time and I probably can't be arsed to re-activate it for this. Still curious about the library though.

Will be purchasing during Intro. Do not have LCO.
Is there sufficient synergy, using both together, to also add LCO, or should just consider each on their own merits ??

Will be purchasing during Intro. Do not have LCO.
Is there sufficient synergy, using both together, to also add LCO, or should just consider each on their own merits ??

I have LCO. I don't hear any "natural" match between the two -- you can probably fit LCOTextures with whatever other library just as well.

As an Evo bundle owner, I wonder why this isn't included. It uses the same Evo Grid interface and conceptually belongs to that family.

Last edited:
Judging from what I’ve heard, this library will have roughly the same type of synergy with other libraries as Omnisphere would have with them. That is to say, this library is well into Omnisphere territory to me with its ethereal pads. There might be more to it, but that’s my first impression from the demos.

THX! Omni 2.5 is mainstream product with huge 3rd Pty Libs as well. LCO has been of long-term interest, but well down priority list as new libs are introduced.
Appreciate this perspective.

As an EVO bundle owner, I wonder why this isn't included. It uses the same EVO Grid interface and conceptually belongs to that family.

I think the price for bundles is based on a discounted price for all items currently in the bundle. They may well add it later but I'm sure the bundle price will then go up accordingly.

I'm so frustrated by VI's like this.

They sound incredible, and appeal to my interest in using instruments in new ways.

And yet, I eventually get tired of them. They never change. They're snapshots of something awesome and fluid, but still snapshots. All the ones I own are comprised of different ensembles in different spaces. This would be yet another one. For normal people that wouldn't matter, but I'm increasingly anal about wanting consistency.

Before I could afford anything fancy, I would try to create my own "modern" textures like this given the standard orchestral stuff I had. Obviously that had limitations, but at least it was always different, and I had control over it. Maybe I should go back to that approach. My standard orchestral stuff is way better than it used to be.

I don't have anything but praise for Spitfire and any others who explore these avenues, though.

Top Bottom