What's new

Orchestral Tools "groundbreaking" announcements

did someone catch the website adress for the library Junkie XL Brass x Orchestral Tools ?
I heard JXL.orchestraltools.com but it's not working

You saw the older libraries inside this sampler so I think it's going to be work for all libraries.
The sampler is free and they show you can put all the OT libraries in it.

Or you still go for Kontakt . Great idea to offer this choice. Great.

Hm , ...

To me it seems this "corporate event" rather aimed at financial investors than at users .
I think they would be better off without staged events and scripted lines, since they are not actors.
And without that charming young lady in red who probably doesn’t have a clue where she is exactly.

I interpreted the part of Heinrich’s talk where he said something like “normally we use 1 or two mics, but imagine being able to use all of them to shape your sound” to mean that the new player will be more efficient than Kontakt. Obviously, I might have misunderstood.

I think he was talking about the mic position resampling.. Looks like you can adjust all of the mics to get the mix you want, then the player can create a new mix position from that mix. KILLER feature!

I interpreted the part of Heinrich’s talk where he said something like “normally we use 1 or two mics, but imagine being able to use all of them to shape your sound” to mean that the new player will be more efficient than Kontakt. Obviously, I might have misunderstood.

I think you choose your mix and the player creates a resample of that mix and unloads the individual mics so that you are only ever streaming one stereo file. Details to become available at a later date I assume.

Event over. Here's the Cliff Notes:
  • New propriety sample player (free).
  • They're giving a away a free studio ensemble library called "Layers" later this year to get you do download it.
  • You can buy instruments/articulations/mic positions à la carte with it.
  • OT is making the Junkie XL brass library.
  • OT is recording pop-oriented libraries (gospel, Rhodes, guitar, drums, etc.) in LA.

Last edited:
Modular libraries, Holkenbrass, new sampler and a freebie?

giphy.gif

Well played, OT! still no Half-Life 3

Cool to see that apparently there is quite a market to be catered for... But this event is a bit of a comedy.

Top Bottom