What's new

What's on your Spitfire Christmas Wish List?

Yeah I got my codes and I bought everything on my list! My credit card just erupted into flames.

Solo Strings
Bernard Herrmann Composer Toolkit
Olafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions
Albion V Tundra
Eric Whitacre Choir
Masse (Free with my completion of the Symphony Package)
Spitfire Symphonic Strings
British Drama Toolkit
Studio Strings

My list looked like this during the back to school sale, it was a disaster for my savings but oh well...

Went for some of the more esoteric libs this year: Earth Encounters 1; Ricotti Mallets; Findon Kit Bag 2; Scraped Percussion; and Steel Drums. Clearly, not the mainstream products, but interesting to get creative with. And a bit easier on the finances. Also, a couple have the eDNA Engine which is fun to play around with. Thanks to Spitfire for another year's Wishlist.

Was thinking of getting the Studio Strings but didn't put the pro version on the wish list - might well upgrade at a later date and know that the basic version gives a discount towards the pro but is this at the discounted price or the full price of the basic version?

Many of you talked about OACE here, but how about OA Evolutions and OA Composer toolkits? If those are all good, then I think I will get the entire bundle.

They're also fantastic. I've only really used the piano from OA Composer Toolkit, but between its two mics you have a lot of options, if a felt piano is your thing. You can hear it a lot on Spitfire's demo tracks, as it seems to be very often a go-to piano for them.
OA Evolutions is grittier than OACE, since it's more of a quartet. OACE gets more of the attention mostly because it's newer and it has the Waves as separate instruments (and they're worth the price of admission, anyhow). That said, OAE is just as a beautiful and flexible. I've found I prefer the evos from Tundra, though.

Question for anyone who can answer - do wishlist discounts work on upgrades to professional?

The reason I'm asking is because I might go for HZP now, then upgrade to professional in 1 years time when the wishlist is here again (if I find lots of use for it).

They're also fantastic. I've only really used the piano from OA Composer Toolkit, but between its two mics you have a lot of options, if a felt piano is your thing. You can hear it a lot on Spitfire's demo tracks, as it seems to be very often a go-to piano for them.
OA Evolutions is grittier than OACE, since it's more of a quartet. OACE gets more of the attention mostly because it's newer and it has the Waves as separate instruments (and they're worth the price of admission, anyhow). That said, OAE is just as a beautiful and flexible. I've found I prefer the evos from Tundra, though.
How would you compare the Evos from Tundra & OACE?

Cheers.

How would you compare the Evos from Tundra & OACE?

Cheers.
Do you like Bass Clarinet? This one is even more accordion like, kind of a harmonium sound where you feel like you could be working the bellows. Evo 11 on there is perfection. There's just a lot of stuff on the edge of synth, but still feeling organic and organ-esque and.. not electric, in there.

Question for anyone who can answer - do wishlist discounts work on upgrades to professional?

The reason I'm asking is because I might go for HZP now, then upgrade to professional in 1 years time when the wishlist is here again (if I find lots of use for it).

I would love to know the answer to this as well. I put in a request with support.

If I didn't have Omnisphere it's be a lot easier to justify :)

Understand ….. yet have had Omni since Intro, it's my synth mainstay, but eDNA01 Earth is a waaaay different beast. o_O Don't really have useful words to explain, but very fast and easy to run through many changes /variations with eDNA01. :speechless:

Do you like Bass Clarinet? This one is even more accordion like, kind of a harmonium sound where you feel like you could be working the bellows. Evo 11 on there is perfection. There's just a lot of stuff on the edge of synth, but still feeling organic and organ-esque and.. not electric, in there.
Hmm... It seems the EVOlutions Bundle is a better buy than the Olafur Bundle then. The EVO Bundle includes both OAE & OACE, and all four EVOs as well...

Last edited:
Top Bottom