What's new

What's on your Spitfire Christmas Wish List?

I consider the same. Not sure what else i might get but i NEED really a choir. But it should be just one since i think i have already enough to learn and master with either of these.
Since i´m more into these ambient textures and huge but not in your face choir sounds i guess EWC might be the better choice? Especially since i already own HZS and it might sounds well together recorded in the same space.
I watched endless videos and it´s still hard to tell what will be better in a long term.
I think the kind of evo-grid and that i like the GUI in the Spitfire app much more (yes, i really prefer it over their Kontakt instruments) it will be the EWC. I just wished there was a more standard with less mic version as well.
However, both options seems as low as possible right now for a long time maybe.
if you're more into ambient and textures I would say that Eric whitacre choir is a much better option, have you listened to the demos?

if you're more into ambient and textures I would say that Eric whitacre choir is a much better option, have you listened to the demos?

Yes....so much that i almost get bored of it since the release , lol.
Maybe i´m not worth it to even use these pro tools but a really huge choir is what i really miss since years and i have not one. Only the stock sounds in my DAW and which came with the full Kontakt plus a few (better than expected) in some iOS apps like iSymphonic which can be good but are too limited for certain things and are pretty fast "overused" after some time.
I just downloaded the Labs choir and this might be exact what i´m after. So a nice tease for me.
I also like to import vocal textures into synths for further mangling and also here i think EWC might be better.
I´m f.e. a huge fan of Heavyocity Vocalise 1 and 2.

Not sure about Spitfire studio brass, as this was my last kind of wish for christmas this year.
I enjoyed the demos but I don't think it is going to have such an impact on my production quality...

And obviously I would take the pro version because of the extra mics... which are really necessary IMO when it comes to brass.
I would opt for the pro because of all of the additional instruments as well as the mics. More so than the strings the pricing on the pro brass, even at regular price, just seems like such a good value.

So I've found BDT to require a very different approach than any other library. It takes a lot of prep with your velocity curves, and it almost certainly is better served by sitting at a full 88 keys.
I feel like it's great for studying and enjoying voice leading
I agree completely. Very fun and inspiring tool for sketching. I also like to load several BDT instruments into a multi, as in my experience they all respond slightly differently to velocities so you get this wonderful shifting texture, similar to an Evo but with a different kind of control.

My gut is telling me the spitfire choir will be a lot (and I mean a lot) better quality. That being said if you listenl to Eric Wvhitacre's music I think you'll be somewhat one-dimensional limited to that style, not that that's a bad thing.

thanks.

realistically, my ARK choirs are good enough for now.

must temper.

I don't think they overlap at all, but I found them to be really good compliments. Time Macro is still pretty conventional in how you play it, while BDT is almost like an evo-accordion that just happens to have strings and woodwind samples.
I concur. Excellent complements. It does take some getting used to triggering different longs via velocity.

Top Bottom