What's new

Christmas Tracks! hohoho

I butchered two traditional Christmas Carols.

First one is "O du fröhliche" which I did an arrangement just from the melody and chords using Synfire for prototyping.

I've just added a prototype dissection video...

Here's a dissection of the production using Ableton Live, TruePianos and multiple Kontakt libraries...

The second one is "Leise rieselt der Schnee", the video shows how to harmonize the melody with RapidComposer:

Last edited:
@sean8877 , where did your song go? I was about to comment on it. Mixing and mastering aside, I think it has potential. It has an 80s-90s classic vibe and a catchy chorus.

Never tried to make anything "Christmasy" until now.

Basically, I wanted to do something that felt somewhere between "The Santa Clause" and "Stargate". :confused:

Good one Chris. Which woods run was that and which woods overall?

A somewhat "poppy" but style filmic approach. A bit in the vein of HZ's The Holiday (also featuring his favorite piano the "Malmsjö").

It actually wasn't supposed to become a Christmas track but it just happened. ;)

Here is a Christmas-inspired original song of mine from about five years back, “Until They Come Home”. I wrote it after seeing a house decorated only with candles in the windows (something I’ve started doing myself since then, with each candle dedicated to a different family member who has passed on).

Be forewarned that this wasn’t my best recorded song by a long shot ... I was only just getting started with Albion 1 (legacy) at the time, and didn’t have my acoustic guitar recording approach worked out yet, either. But as a song it still carries a lot of meaning for me at this time of the year, imperfect though it is.

https://agarnermusic.com/have_yourself_a_merry_little_christmas.wav (Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas). Just a quick rendition of a great tune.

Top Bottom