What's new

Strezov Choirs & Syllabuilder 3.5 Updates

From Strezov Sampling:

"Strezov Sampling proudly presents four free major updates for their Next Generation Choir Series including WOTAN Male Choir, FREYJA Female Choir, ÁRVA Children Choir and RHODOPE 2 Ethnic Bulgarian Choir. To receive the updates simply go to My Products in your account and click download updates.

The most important news first: After the tremendous success of the Polyphonic True Legato techniques first introduced with FREYJA Female Choir it’s finally time for WOTAN Male Choir to receive the same treatment. Therefore this update provides WOTAN Male Choir with a complete set of Polyphonic True Legato patches split into sections (Tenors and Basses). This update completely replaces the old version of WOTAN. For a live in action demonstration watch the following video.

In addition to that all choirs part of the Next Generation Choir Series now come with brand-new features for the Syllabuilder Engine allowing faster edits and a whole range of new possibilities like creating unique textures based on the endless loop mode. For a complete and detailed overview of what’s new for WOTAN, FREYJA, ÁRVA and RHODE 2 please watch the following video in which George Strezov guides you through Version 3.5 of the Syllabuilder Engine."

5a03bc73-bb78-4edc-903f-081b1eeb502e.png

I'm curious to hear opinions on the new sample content of the Wotan library, specifically the noise reduction samples. I love the pureness of the Strezov choir libraries and I'm hoping that the noise reduction didn't adversely affect those specific samples.

Looks like a tremendous update from Strezov! Thank You!

and again no improvements for Storm Choir :-((...
Turned out to be a downer in terms of Strezov´s approach of living products. They actually never helped out to reach the goals they lured us during the kickstarter.

and again no improvements for Storm Choir :-((...
Turned out to be a downer in terms of Strezov´s approach of living products. They actually never helped out to reach the goals they lured us during the kickstarter.
Hi @HardyP, I'm saddened to hear your comment. What do you think we could have done more about the IndieGoGo campaign? Everything we aimed for got recorded and we even captured some additional content like the "Oh legatos" and the "Soloists" (although the latter are indeed more like a bonus).
This free Syllabuilder update shows that we always take care of our past products and get to "upgrade" them when possible. We are also working on an update for SC2 but it takes ages since the previous production was scattered all over the world (vs. "in-house" like our latest products). Looking forward to reading what disappointed you. Best, G.

Hi @HardyP, I'm saddened to hear your comment. What do you think we could have done more about the IndieGoGo campaign? Everything we aimed for got recorded and we even captured some additional content like the "Oh legatos" and the "Soloists" (although the latter are indeed more like a bonus).
This free Syllabuilder update shows that we always take care of our past products and get to "upgrade" them when possible. We are also working on an update for SC2 but it takes ages since the previous production was scattered all over the world (vs. "in-house" like our latest products). Looking forward to reading what disappointed you. Best, G.

SC II? Perhaps an update for the phrase builder? :scout:

Last edited:
Dear George,
thanks for your reply!!

I already wrote about that in an email some years ago:
  • the stereo image is 'jumping', sometimes drastically: Men, G3->E3, all layers, but only the legato
  • the men´s range is really narrow :''-((... I saw it as one of the main goals of the campaign (was given as #1 in the list) to extend the range. For Men, the goal was down to E2, and now we only have G2 (sustains even C3)
I know, that this kind of campaigns have some risk; I would have preferred to get the promised content, and omit 2 of the nearly overlapping mic perspectives and the Soloists for example. The Legatos have not seen an update until now, right, or did I miss something?
I also can second Jay Asher´s comment about the 'scoop'; another thing is that I do not count the soft velocities "soothing pp", but that may be subjective, and depending on everyone´s cultural background.

So, maybe my first posting was a bit harsh, but I just have the strong impression, that SC2 did not get THAT love/care in comparison to the other products, especially the other Choirs.

First - thank you for the feedback. We have recorded all the material promised in the campaign but decided to leave out some of the samples because we were not extremely happy with how it performed in the instrument (in the post-production process). SC2 did not get the love you mention because I am not the sole creative producer of that library, which means that I cannot just go and redo it all by myself. Speaking of that, we have agreed that the library will need to be rescripted (the so-called "Storm Choir III") with a few points in mind:

a) polyphonic true legato.
b) importing the Syllabuilder from Wotan/Freyja into Storm Choir.
c) manually going through all transitions and adjusting the legato, making it more playable.
d) fixing problematic release tails.
e) summing of all microphone positions into just three (the higher amount for us is completely unnecessary)

Due to many factors (as I've pointed above, the production process at that time was scattered around the globe) we have to completely start from scratch. I have written down your feedback and if possible, we'll address these issues - as well all suggestions that we receive by our customers. Just a note - the batch edit feature for the Syllabuilder patches was something that users begged us to do since the release of Wotan. It took is more than a year to get it write with the current script.

And lastly, one note about "luring" people during the crowdfunding campaign - I think that using the verb "lure" would sound offensive for all people involved in the production of the library, because it make it sound like a scam project. Stay tuned - we have two other projects in the pipeline that are taking our full attention now, but the update to Storm Choir will come in afterwards.

Best,
George

Dear George,
thanks for your reply in detail!

I clearly see the progress brought with the sustains update; I just remain a little bit sad, that the legatos did not see any update - even more these days, when the newer products became even V3.5.

Sorry for that "l" word - it was defenitely not my intention to offend anyone, just to express my feelings about the dicrepancy between what has been written towards the delivered product.
(but how would you like that to be named: "promisses not kept", or "failed targets"...? Na, also not _that_ flattering ;)...)

BTW: Be assured, that I can empasize with the issues of scattered teams (working myself in a global company):shocked:... So good luck with your endeavours described above!
Only if I might add some subjective opinion - advanced stuff like polyphonic legato would not be my primary goal in comparison to the more general described issues; fixing them would be fine for me in terms of updating.
Completely new features are a new product (as you are indicating by "SC3"...?), I'd understand that fully.

I'm having some issues applying the Wotan updates that came out in March. I went to the "My Products" page on the Strezov Sampling website, went to Wotan, clicked on "Download Updates", and then unpacked/unzipped the files (once they were downloaded) into the "Samples" folder in my already existing Wotan folder. When I try to open the new patches in Kontakt though, they're not there under "Instruments". I tried to download the "Wotan Instruments 1.1" file from the My Products page as well but I get an error when I try to do so ... so I'm guessing that's probably the problem? Or maybe I just need to download the entire lib from scratch again (as opposed to just the updates)?

Any help would be appreciated. @Strezov

I'm having some issues applying the Wotan updates that came out in March. I went to the "My Products" page on the Strezov Sampling website, went to Wotan, clicked on "Download Updates", and then unpacked/unzipped the files (once they were downloaded) into the "Samples" folder in my already existing Wotan folder. When I try to open the new patches in Kontakt though, they're not there under "Instruments". I tried to download the "Wotan Instruments 1.1" file from the My Products page as well but I get an error when I try to do so ... so I'm guessing that's probably the problem? Or maybe I just need to download the entire lib from scratch again (as opposed to just the updates)?

Any help would be appreciated. @Strezov

Hey Tim,

pls send our support an email https://www.strezov-sampling.com/contacts/https://www.strezov-sampling.com/contacts/ they will help you out asap. :)

First - thank you for the feedback. We have recorded all the material promised in the campaign but decided to leave out some of the samples because we were not extremely happy with how it performed in the instrument (in the post-production process). SC2 did not get the love you mention because I am not the sole creative producer of that library, which means that I cannot just go and redo it all by myself. Speaking of that, we have agreed that the library will need to be rescripted (the so-called "Storm Choir III") with a few points in mind:

a) polyphonic true legato.
b) importing the Syllabuilder from Wotan/Freyja into Storm Choir.
c) manually going through all transitions and adjusting the legato, making it more playable.
d) fixing problematic release tails.
e) summing of all microphone positions into just three (the higher amount for us is completely unnecessary)

Due to many factors (as I've pointed above, the production process at that time was scattered around the globe) we have to completely start from scratch. I have written down your feedback and if possible, we'll address these issues - as well all suggestions that we receive by our customers. Just a note - the batch edit feature for the Syllabuilder patches was something that users begged us to do since the release of Wotan. It took is more than a year to get it write with the current script.

And lastly, one note about "luring" people during the crowdfunding campaign - I think that using the verb "lure" would sound offensive for all people involved in the production of the library, because it make it sound like a scam project. Stay tuned - we have two other projects in the pipeline that are taking our full attention now, but the update to Storm Choir will come in afterwards.

Best,
George

Hey George, is there a possibility that Storm Choir 3 (once it comes out) will be compatible with Kontakt Player. I'm aware that the license costs are quite expensive, I was just wondering, since Afflatus is Player compatible and it would be really cool if Storm Choir 3 would be Player compatible as well.

Top Bottom