What's new

SPITFIRE - The Black Weekend! With Live Q&A with Christian & Paul

I’m finding that because I got e.g. SSS, SCS at such great prices, the special bundles with them in are much less discounted.

Obviously it was nice to get them cheap, I have far too many libs already, and there are a bunch I would sell if I could (swarms, ahem).

Is it just me or is there less enthusiasm this year? Last year’s BF thread had 22 pages, this one has 4. I wonder if it has anything to do with Spirfire having stopped using this forum that much.

This. :D And also- at least I blew a whopping 2k€ to Spitfire Audio last year at Black Friday. (yes, I had planned it for months in advance) Before that I had none of their libraries. And after that I bought a couple of others as well. So in that sense I can understand that there might be other people than just I who basically own pretty much all they need from them?

And to be honest, the latest Spitfire products haven't been that groundbreaking and essential either compared to their back-catalogue albeit from the new choir.

Maybe, but I think engaging with (potential) customers is important so hope they will be back. Although I presume that most of their customers are not on this forum :)

Watched the beautiful live on fb with LCO, a good reminder of how much you can coax out of an instrument vs playing with samples.
Also, I don't know who this violinist is but I'm in love :faint:
imageedit_2_9227904707.png

So at this point all of the Tambola tix have been distributed correct? There are no others today? Yestersays 10p pst release said “final” so I assume that’s it? If so I’m so bummed I missed nabbin one.

For those that own the basic studio strings, what's the verdict?
I've got the SF Air libraries, not sure what this library will add to my palette.

For those that own the basic studio strings, what's the verdict?
I've got the SF Air libraries, not sure what this library will add to my palette.

Well, if you want a tighter room, medium section sizes, and you like the tone (a bit harsh at times, but it can be tamed), I'd go for it. Otherwise, it probably wouldn't give you anything wildly new against the symphonic stuff.

A big selling point to compliment SSS and SCS would be divisi functionality, but that's only with the Pro version.

I grabbed the Ton bundle. I love Evos so try to grab them on sale. Like that this one has movement/rhythms.

This was a good deal. I love tuned perc, hang/pan/metals, etc. so that was an easy sell. And I like Una Corda but sometimes wish I had a second felt piano. I have the labs one but having this full one is obviously better. So for $100 was really no question.

Is it just me or is there less enthusiasm this year? Last year’s BF thread had 22 pages, this one has 4. I wonder if it has anything to do with Spirfire having stopped using this forum that much.
I think so, yes. The wider Spitfire audience is elsewhere at this point. CH has moved entirely to YouTube for his vlog community. The advantage of social media marketing is that your message can be pushed to the end user, unlike a forum.

I guess I missed out on the tickets. I'm not happy that the Facebook live videos require you to have the Facebook app. I would have liked to watch it. I just really don't like the Facebook app - too many permissions and they kill my battery. Okay, everything kills my battery. This is more a complaint about Facebook, which I rarely use.

I guess I missed out on the tickets. I'm not happy that the Facebook live videos require you to have the Facebook app. I would have liked to watch it. I just really don't like the Facebook app - too many permissions and they kill my battery. Okay, everything kills my battery. This is more a complaint about Facebook, which I rarely use.
I'm sure I saw somewhere that the FB live videos would go on YouTube later - I think this was in a comment when the stream died on one the other day. That said, I can't see them on their Youtube channel.
The Tombola tickets were announced on Twitter and probably other social media as well as on Facebook.

Top Bottom