What's new

SHREDDAGE 3 STRATUS - Now available from Impact Soundworks!!!

Here is a walkthrough of the trailer song "The Third Destiny" showing MIDI data etc. We've had requests for downloadable MIDI/project files too... while project files might not be that useful (due to DAW differences, other plugins) we are prepping MIDIs to share!

Here is a walkthrough of the trailer song "The Third Destiny" showing MIDI data etc. We've had requests for downloadable MIDI/project files too... while project files might not be that useful (due to DAW differences, other plugins) we are prepping MIDIs to share!

but i guess project files would help a lot too....especially to achieve the same tone, whether internal or external. fl studio is pretty common. or can you share the sound presets for all the demos? its not in the video:sad:

Last edited:
@zircon_st Which of your current (or future upgraded to S3) guitar products do you think is best suited for the "tremolo picked wall of sound blackmetal style"? something along these lines:

So far I only own S2 and I'm getting like ~90% there with the tremolo articulation, and I'm wondering if any of the others or the S3 upgrade to S2 would give me better fine control about the picking speed, without using the single-note articulations that sound too "machnine-gun-ish" when used in this way.

May I just say - what a great VI! It's my first Shreddage and I love it. So playable

EDIT . Batch re-save solved some initial problems that I was having.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pricing. To check my understanding, if I have Shreddage II, it will cost me $50 ($20 + $30) to upgrade to S3 when the update is available - is that correct? Also, it will be the same set of samples I currently have with Shreddage II, but played with the new improved S3 engine?
I couldn't be more confused (even if I tried.... but maybe I'll should just try a little harder?).
I've got Shreddage 2 and it appears that I can upgrade to V3 from V2 with a 20 dollar discount on the full price when I go to their website.
The deal seems just "ok" - but I can't quite relate to other guys comments?
Am I missing something here?

I couldn't be more confused (even if I tried.... but maybe I'll should just try a little harder?).
I've got Shreddage 2 and it appears that I can upgrade to V3 from V2 with a 20 dollar discount on the full price when I go to their website.
The deal seems just "ok" - but I can't quite relate to other guys comments?
Am I missing something here?

It costs $20 for the upgraded version of Shreddage II (when it comes out) but you will also need the new S3 engine which costs $30. The S3 engine is a one-time purchase, and will work with all the new Shreddage guitars.

It doesn't help that the name of the first Shreddage 2 series guitar is Shreddage 2, so let's clarify this some more. :)

If you want to buy Shreddage 3 Stratus, it is the full price of Stratus ($119 + $30 KP serial) minus $20 if you own any Shreddage 2 series guitars. In other words, Stratus is $129 for Shreddage 2 series guitar owners.

In the future, when we release Shreddage 3 series versions of the previous guitars, in other words buying "Shreddage 3 IBZ" if you own "Shreddage 2 IBZ", the current tentative model is that it will cost $20 per guitar upgrade, + the $30 KP serial if you do not already own it from buying Shreddage 3 Stratus.

In other words if you own S2 IBZ and SRP, upgrading them to S3 will cost $40 ($20 each upgrade) + $30 KP serial for the Shreddage 3 engine for a total of $70.

As said before, this is only the tentative pricing model, and we've talked about lowering the per-guitar price a couple times. We want to make it a no-brainer move to upgrade to S3.

MIDI to share -- yes!! Huge learning tool.
You supply MIDI, I'll buy this new Fender thingy you've made.

Reactions: Rey
Today we have a new demo from Ian Dorsch, who never fails to impress! This one is a more mellow vibe in the style of Eric Johnson/Andy Timmons. Two tracks of clean rhythm and one lead:

Announcement re: project files / MIDI coming soon...

thanks Andrew. that would be awesome. Also can we know in advance where will you be sharing the midis and project files? here at VI control forum or elsewhere? thanks

Yes! I'm pleased to announce that S3 Stratus now comes with demo resources such as project files, MIDIs, and snapshots! Once you purchase the product you'll see the demo package under your list of download links.

As we continue to assemble more resources from current & future demos, we'll expand this archive and it will auto-update in your account.

Once you purchase the product you'll see the demo package under your list of download links.

Hi zircon_st,

has the demo package already been added to the download links?

I can't find it. Only seeing the 4 parts of Stratus (3x2 GB, 1x1.8GB).

May I just say - what a great VI! It's my first Shreddage and I love it. So playable

EDIT: There seem to be some bugs going on - not surprising for a brand new engine I guess. I'm getting stuck keyswitches and just inconsistent keyswitch behavior. I run into this on both the light version and the full. I had a MIDI monitor running and didn't see any errant MIDI messages coming in.

I don't rule out possibility of some amount of operator error, or possible LPX problems. This is a very complex VI! But I do think there is inconsistent behavior. For example, switching the articulation KS's (and nothing else) doesn't give consistent results. (e.g. sustain and harmonics don't always respond to their keyswitch).

I'm on a Mac Pro 6,1, running High Sierra, Logic pro x 10.4.2, Kontakt 5.8.1

sure it will all get ironed out. Anybody else having these problems?

EDIT #2 . Batch re-save solved some of the problems.

What (if anything) is still not behaving correctly? Let us know; we're planning an update soon to address post-launch bugs and feature requests such as: tremolo speed, mute tightness control, etc.

What (if anything) is still not behaving correctly? Let us know; we're planning an update soon to address post-launch bugs and feature requests such as: tremolo speed, mute tightness control, etc.

Thanks for asking! Seems that keyswitches don't always respond the first time. At this point that's all that's not working consistently. And honestly I can no longer say it's definitely something with Shreddage, so I'll go erase the comment above. Batch resave took care of a lot. Am enjoying the VI!

Batch resave took care of a lot.

Batch resave doesn't fix scripting errors. If you can find a 100% reproduction case let us know.

You said "(e.g. sustain and harmonics don't always respond to their keyswitch)". Harmonics is a non-latching keyswitch by default (that's why it's yellow, not red), meaning it only activates the Harmonics articulation while you hold the key. After you release the key, it goes back to previously selected articulation.

Batch resave doesn't fix scripting errors. If you can find a 100% reproduction case let us know.

You said "(e.g. sustain and harmonics don't always respond to their keyswitch)". Harmonics is a non-latching keyswitch by default (that's why it's yellow, not red), meaning it only activates the Harmonics articulation while you hold the key. After you release the key, it goes back to previously selected articulation.

Thank you ED. When I get past my current deadline I will investigate further and let you know.

Top Bottom