What's new

FaderCtrl

I'd call it "good" when a product works as expected, thereby making it a moot point whether or not a company can provide support. YMMV.

Best,

Geoff

we will agree to disagree.
It is indeed of course moot whilst your product is still working as expected....unless one day it stops.
But to have a developer go MIA a few months after you buy a product can never be a good thing imho.
rsp

we will agree to disagree.
It is indeed of course moot whilst your product is still working as expected....unless one day it stops.
But to have a developer go MIA a few months after you buy a product can never be a good thing imho.
rsp

I do think that is a reasonable point of view.

I agree. IIRC, it seemed like something in his personal life had stopped any forward progress on the FaderCtrl.

Maybe I'm just repeating something that's already been mentioned here, but I would try totally deleting the software and any files associated with the FaderCtrl app (my AppCleaner app says there are 6) and try re-installing it from scratch.

Hey all. Since this project appears to be dead, I wonder if someone can post a link to whatever the last version of the software was? I have Version 0.0.1 and the only parameter that comes up is for midi channel #...

This looked like a very nice fader controller. Are they no longer in production?
The maker "Cackland" hasn't been in this forum since May of last year, so it's fairly safe to say that they are no longer in production. Bummer...

The maker "Cackland" hasn't been in this forum since May of last year, so it's fairly safe to say that they are no longer in production. Bummer...
I ended up ordering a refurbished Behringer X-Touch Compact from eBay. It seems the Compact is better for CC control than the standard X-Touch. I am not a Behringer fan but their partnership with Midas at least yields a nice control surface.

I was sent the 'limited' software version in 2017. Does anyone know if the 'full' software was completed?

I snooped around in the app package contents and found this interface mock-up. 1. Overview.png It seems like some nice features were planned - curve and range controls, presets for different sample library developers, four slots for saving settings.

Slightly nicer on the eyes than the current version
Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 10.13.14.png

One feature I'd really like is to be able to send out multiple CCs on the same fader simultaneously.
Currently I have 'Cinesamples vibrato' (CC2) and 'Spitfire vibrato' (CC21) on separate faders. It would be nice to combine them and free up a fader. CS libraries aren't affected by CC21, and SF libraries aren't affected by CC2, so there would be no conflict.

I was sent the 'limited' software version in 2017. Does anyone know if the 'full' software was completed?

I snooped around in the app package contents and found this interface mock-up. 1. Overview.png It seems like some nice features were planned - curve and range controls, presets for different sample library developers, four slots for saving settings.

Slightly nicer on the eyes than the current version
Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 10.13.14.png

I've never seen this and honestly I really don't understand enough about what's involved programming-wise that would complete Faderctrl making it totally functional for users.
My question I will throw out there for everyone but also specifically @ Will Bedford (being a successful developer).
I suspect there must be a good programmer affiliated with one of the developers or a community member here that frequents VI-C that could probably develop the fully baked software that would complete Faderctrl as originally intended.

As a collective group if the people who purchased these(20-30-40? I'm guessing)each pooled a little $$ shouldn't we be able to hire someone to finish this?

Please forgive me if my lack of understanding of what's actually required to do this but is this thought totally unrealistic?
Thanks

Last edited:
One feature I'd really like is to be able to send out multiple CCs on the same fader simultaneously.
Currently I have 'Cinesamples vibrato' (CC2) and 'Spitfire vibrato' (CC21) on separate faders. It would be nice to combine them and free up a fader. CS libraries aren't affected by CC21, and SF libraries aren't affected by CC2, so there would be no conflict.

Can't the cc's be changed within Kontakt for each of those libraries? i.e. change spitfire to CC02?

Top Bottom