What's new

Strezov Sampling presents AFFLATUS Chapter 1 // 1.2 Update feat. 18GB of new sample content

That new demo sounds even more strange and lacking in detail. The reverb isn't doing it any good for sure. Still, I hope more demos will convince me more.

The sounds and styles presented in Afflatus are vast in terms of colours and playing techniques. From modern minimalist to golden age and lush epic string ensembles - it's all inside just one collection, which makes Afflatus a great extension to other string libraries covering the bread and butter articulations as well. Here's a live playthrough of the Minimalist String Section.

Sounds awesome! I'd really love to know the projected pricing for this....

You'll hate me for suggesting this but have you considered a 'add-on' product to this - using ONLY the first chairs to do EXACTLY what you have done here? It would be two major plusses in my book.

1. alter the 'size' of the group(s) - by ratio mixing (and of course having a quintet)
2. add detail / rosin / grit to the sound - if project calls for it.

Of course these are all new recordings/editing, but the approach would be identical (in philosophy, signal chain, mics, etc.)

I realize this is like asking a spouse giving birth - 'so...…..let's have another one after this, like soon - 9 months or less.' ;)

The last time I was truly excited about a string library was when Alex released CSS.
I own other string libraries (LASS, SSS, SCS, Century Strings, Soaring Strings, Dimension Strings, etc.) and have used them all on different projects throughout the years. I refrained from buying another major library because the quest never seems to end.
But from what I've heard so far, the overall s o u n d and character of Strezov's strings is what I've been yearning for all along.
Even without the walkthrough, I'm all in on this one.

@StrezovSampling : Is the library bundled with Jean Gabriel ? :faint:
Haha no sorry, I'm way more expensive than the library itself !

Since I had the occasion to play with the library a lot (I made the teaser music and the first midi walkthrough cues), I had to say a few words about it.

The library is in my opinion really good, designed to write efficiently and easily, without wasting too much time working on little details everywhere to make it sound good (the polyphonic legatos with automatic divisi are really simple to use)

Some patches you haven't really heard yet (there is more content than you expect) really blow my mind and fill the gaps the other libraries have. I actually think the library has been designed first to fill all these gaps instead of competing with other libraries , then in a second time they sampled the regular articulations we find pretty much in every string library.

You'll hate me for suggesting this but have you considered a 'add-on' product to this - using ONLY the first chairs to do EXACTLY what you have done here? It would be two major plusses in my book.

1. alter the 'size' of the group(s) - by ratio mixing (and of course having a quintet)
2. add detail / rosin / grit to the sound - if project calls for it.

Of course these are all new recordings/editing, but the approach would be identical (in philosophy, signal chain, mics, etc.)

I realize this is like asking a spouse giving birth - 'so...…..let's have another one after this, like soon - 9 months or less.' ;)

Presumably you can do the same trick as LASS and score with only one of the divisi sections if you want... thus achieving a half size orchestra?

So much of these demos are about the person playing/programming the part. The transitions and releases seem to be a little wonky, especially in the violins. BUT the sound is pretty great. It's very possible that someone could do a better demo or squeeze more out of the library than what is being represented. I thought this orchestra sounded absolutely amazing on Thomas Bergersen's American Dream album.

Actually the 2nd demo interested me more than the 1st. The first one was cool but nothing I can't do with CSS. The second demo shows off a tone without much vibrato yet still very expressive, that is not really represented very well in the existing libraries.

Is it me, or does the first part sound like Thomas Newman's 'Road to Perdition' score? I just love the sound of those sordinos, lovely and warm. I've been trying to get the same sound with Spitfire's libraries, but just can't seem to do it. Spitfire's consords sound very synthy. Even C.Henson acknowledged this in his eDNA Earth demo.

I'm very excited for this library, and if Darris says it rocked his world, then I bet it's something special.

Those are some things I liked about it as well. But I wonder if the minimalist preset or whatever it is is EQing out the high end detail.
If it's an ensemble, maybe the "Minimalist" one is featuring more Viola. Viola has a less detailed sound in the high end, and somewhat "darker" tone compared to the Violin. Who knows though.

Musically the second playthrough has a passage about half way through that reminds me of a piece in one of my favourite films Highlander (its the scene where Conor explains to the new lady in his life the truth about his existence).

This bit:

Sent goosebumps down my neck as it the film played a big part in the beginning of my relationship with my wife of 29 years (cannot believe I can say that to be honest, 1986 feels like yesterday...).

If anything it shows the power of music and more specifically film music to capture a memory and forever embed it with a time in your life. Truly magnificent!

Haha no sorry, I'm way more expensive than the library itself !

Since I had the occasion to play with the library a lot (I made the teaser music and the first midi walkthrough cues), I had to say a few words about it.

The library is in my opinion really good, designed to write efficiently and easily, without wasting too much time working on little details everywhere to make it sound good (the polyphonic legatos with automatic divisi are really simple to use)

Some patches you haven't really heard yet (there is more content than you expect) really blow my mind and fill the gaps the other libraries have. I actually think the library has been designed first to fill all these gaps instead of competing with other libraries , then in a second time they sampled the regular articulations we find pretty much in every string library.
Dude your "Dragon land" demo is off the charts:2thumbs:

Very interesting strings btw!

Not going to lie - this latest demo was a setback for me. The shorts are 'ok' - but the longs/legato in this mock up are not that convincing. Every library has its strengths and I think this libraries' will be of the slow, expressive variety.

Agreed.

You guys are quick :) The latest demo showcases mostly the shorts and the avantgarde strings - those are playable clusters - shorts and longs.
As far as the beginning - those feature my personal favourite patch, the Psychatto High & Low strings... you can also hear them at the end of the demo within that slight wink towards Stravinsky's Augurs chord from The Rite of Spring from 0:46...

Again, the only thing I've applied at the Master channel is fabfilter Pro-L2 for limiting... everything else is straight out of the box, no EQ, nothing. To be honest I'd add a bit of EQ on the barbaric col legno hits (and there are some instrument "slaps" there as well) for more oomph.

Top Bottom