What's new

A New Dawn - Orchestral Theme

sounds very good... like real instruments. Are there any?
Hey thanks! No I wish I had the budget! It's all samples and I'm not gonna lie it's a nightmare to get them to behave like this. I re-performed each single line to the point of exhaustion ahahah.

Hello everybody!

I wanted to share with you this piece I recently just finished. Any feedback is very welcome, thank you!

Great job. For Rob to think it may be live musicians is a huge compliment (he also does some great stuff). I suppose it pays to play each line in, I seem to regularly come to the same conclusion. Can’t seem to get the right feel without it. ;) Cheers.

Hey thanks! No I wish I had the budget! It's all samples and I'm not gonna lie it's a nightmare to get them to behave like this. I re-performed each single line to the point of exhaustion ahahah.

Then you need to try even harder! Bleeding fingers is the minimum acceptable stopping point.

Even so, this sounds great. Congratulations!

This is beautifully done Mattia! Love the opening, and how it opens up into a more uplifting section. Makes me really happy and inspired :)

I personally would have loved a touch more reverb overall on the track, especially on the solo winds and harp. In addition, beginning around 0:36, the melody notes seem to be swelling in each time. Is this the brass? If so, I might let the strings soar over that a little more to cover that.

Wonderful work!

This is beautifully done Mattia! Love the opening, and how it opens up into a more uplifting section. Makes me really happy and inspired :)

I personally would have loved a touch more reverb overall on the track, especially on the solo winds and harp.

Wonderful work!
Hey! Thanks for the advice, I'm not a huge fan of reverb especially in these contexts, plus due the wet nature of Spitfire libraries I always find it very difficult to handle. I'll take it into consideration for the time though, maybe a different blend of mics would do the trick ;)

In addition, beginning around 0:36, the melody notes seem to be swelling in each time. Is this the brass?
Yeah that was the whole idea, i took it from some Williams cues. It's the orchestration that makes it seem like a swell but it's not. Violins and celeste are doing runs, with bassoon, clarinet and harp accenting with chords on beat 2. If you listen carefully there are actualy violas behind the woodwinds playing tremolo chords for that purpose. Well spotted!

Top Bottom