What's new

Your favourite Zebra and Omnisphere Soundsets?

jononotbono

Luke Johnson
Just wondering what everybodies favourite Sound Sets are for U-He Zebra 2 (and Dark Zebra) and Omnisphere 2?

I know it could be a vague question because there are Sound Sets for different vibes/moods but I’m interested in finding out what is worth checking out as there seems to be many commercially available and the sheer choice is a little overwhelming.

The Unfinished is a brand that many people have spoken about to me and also Sonic Underworld...

Thanks

Jono

The Unfinished has made a lot of great libraries for both of those synths, as has Triple Spiral and Joseph Hollo. All of R. Soul’s recommendations are highly regarded.

Electric Himalaya has a great analog style soundset for Zebra. Plughugger has a lot of Omnisphere sets available but those tend to skew more toward electronica from what I’ve seen.

There are a lot of great options out there and most offer small sampler packs and/or detailed walkthrough videos. Definitely take advantage of those before buying. Some of these sound designers have sales going on right now. Others will soon enough.

I'm buying Zebra 2 (and Dark Zebra) this week and can see this is going to be a really filthy addiction. I'll check out everyone's suggestions and bookmark them all.

Lot's of good stuff, including what has been mentioned here. But the Joseph Hollo soundsets especially stand out to me. I've posted this before LOL, but after watching this promo for Padsheaven for Zebra I was blown away, and have since bought everything from Arte Nuevo for Omni and Zebra:

Lot's of good stuff, including what has been mentioned here. But the Joseph Hollo soundsets especially stand out to me. I've posted this before LOL, but after watching this promo for Padsheaven for Zebra I was blown away, and have since bought everything from Arte Nuevo for Omni and Zebra:

Thanks! Yeah sounds amazing. To be honest, once I buy Zebra this week I'm not sure I'm going to need another synth. The scope of this thing is insane. This plus Omnisphere 2. Is there enough time in life to master anything else?

Thanks! Yeah sounds amazing. To be honest, once I buy Zebra this week I'm not sure I'm going to need another synth. The scope of this thing is insane. This plus Omnisphere 2. Is there enough time in life to master anything else?

I've never learned synthesis, and am pretty much a preset guy. I do plan to try the free sample set offered by Syntorial, and perhaps buy the package if it proves helpful. But in truth, there is sooooo much to learn in the world of music that synthesis takes a back seat to things like ongoing piano practice, theory, orchestration etc., and I'm not sure how realistic it is that I'm ever going to learn deep synthesis. Knowledge is power and all of that, but you don't have to design your own sounds to make music. Neither Beethoven nor Bob Dylan ever did that...

But Omnisphere 2 + Zebra is exactly what I concluded covers more than everything I could ever want in this universe. I did get the Dark Zebra as well when I got Zebra, and it's truly worth it IMHO.

Top Bottom