What's new

7th International Film Music Competition 2018

What a great short film. I really loved it. Not sure if I will enter but definitely worth downloading for practice.

I was reading the conditions and you can actually use electronic/synth instruments, what you shouldn't use are electronic or sampled versions of acoustic instruments that are not a part of the orchestra:

Which kind of sounds are meant to be included in the electronic track or produced by the live electronics?

It is not recommended to use the electronic track or the live electronics for simulating acoustic instruments that are not available in the instrumentation. It could indeed sound strange if an additional acoustic instrument comes from the loudspeakers, whereas the rest of the orchestra will be purely acoustic, “unplugged”. But if that’s precisely the effect you want to achieve, you are welcome to do so.

So if I understood correctly, you could have any number of electornic tracks you want, and in case you won you would have to bounce them to an audio file or perform the synth parts live.

Last edited:
Trying to write down the mockup in musescore...

Does someone have any ideas, how to convert my midi tracks from cubase to musescore (without getting messy results?)

Hi, I just decided to switch from pop music to media music. Too late for this competition... too bad. But I would love to have this short film. Can't seem to find a download. Can anyone share it with me? Would be great!

Alex

Hey Alex, if you PM me an email address I can send It to you.You will have to wait a few hours though, until I get back from work

Hey Alex, if you PM me an email address I can send It to you.You will have to wait a few hours though, until I get back from work
Hello. I know this is an old tread...but could I still ask for a download of the unscored video for practicing? Thank you so much!

Top Bottom