What's new

FYI - Cubase 9.5.30 Update Out

No, don’t update. There are way too many standard features that were broken in this update. Read around — it’s corrupting projects and more.

9.5.20 broke the hell out of several of my projects so I rolled back to .10. I think I'll wait to update again...

No problems here on the Windows side. The issues I am reading about elsewhere seem to pertain primarily to Mac OS users.

I haven't had a chance to try myself, but will give it a go tonight on Windows 10. So far, the previous updates have worked well for me.

No problems here on the Windows side. The issues I am reading about elsewhere seem to pertain primarily to Mac OS users.
And to think I am was about to take the jump and purchase Cubase, then read that :roflmao:

Really hope they get their act together and make it the same experience for mac users as well as PC
Though at the end of the day I can just move to Windows, since I work in it for all of my day job anyway!

It is this reason I have been thinking about setting it up, so all my sample libraries are on a NAS system instead, so I can jump from one OS to another :rolleyes:

And to think I am was about to take the jump and purchase Cubase, then read that :roflmao:

Really hope they get their act together and make it the same experience for mac users as well as PC
Though at the end of the day I can just move to Windows, since I work in it for all of my day job anyway!

It is this reason I have been thinking about setting it up, so all my sample libraries are on a NAS system instead, so I can jump from one OS to another :rolleyes:

stay mac - use logic or pro tools, go windows - get cubase. its not only updates, also Asio and VST work better on win. Samples on NAS ? I hope you are using esata, usb3 or thrunderbolt with it, at least firewire 800 for streaming ...

Well I suppose I should "warn" against this update if you run Mac. After updating I was unable to open a project only 4 weeks old. Rolling back to 9.5.21 saved me.

For Mac users, anyone else not able to trash audio files in the Pool? This usually happens after using Render In Place, and how VE Pro creates audio for all outputs. I’ll delete the unused audio from the Project window, they’ll be in the Pool unused, I select and hit delete and get the dialog box stating “the files cannot be deleted because they’re used in another pool”. This doesn’t happen in 9.5.21 or earlier.

Does Steinberg own any Macs to test Cubase on? It seems the Windows version is always rock-solid while the Mac version is constantly having issues (disclaimer: I’ve never used Cubase on Windows, so don’t quote me on this).

stay mac - use logic or pro tools, go windows - get cubase. its not only updates, also Asio and VST work better on win. Samples on NAS ? I hope you are using esata, usb3 or thrunderbolt with it, at least firewire 800 for streaming ...
I am not using the NAS approach yet. I am looking to go that way though.
I would be using it over Ethernet or TB anyway. Nothing less, with the heaviest libraries (8DIO Strings, EWHO and CineBrass on SSDs)

I am just wondering if anyone else here as setup using network storage to access their samples?

Does Steinberg own any Macs to test Cubase on? It seems the Windows version is always rock-solid while the Mac version is constantly having issues (disclaimer: I’ve never used Cubase on Windows, so don’t quote me on this).
My experience testing windows on both my PC and my Mac Pro 2012 12-Core, has been a more rock solid setup also.

i am currently a Studio One Pro v3.5.6 user.

i started using a separate track for key switching - piano roll/drum map.
it's ok, but...

thinking about Cubase simply for expression maps to control orchestral library articulations.

anyone else doing this?

suggestions?

Top Bottom