What's new

How are you enjoying Keyscape?

I layer Keyscape with everything.
As a stand-alone app it’s nice but as an integration into Omnisphere it’s really nice.

But I layer the Wing Upright, the Clavinet and Crystal Rhodes with various sampled instruments and especially PianoTeq.
Every instrument out there lacks something that other ones have.
PianoTeq Grand Pianos lack that brightness in the low end like sampled pianos get.
I’ll blend in a zone for 2 1/2 octaves, etc.

Keyscape + PianoTeq is really a good all around investment.
I was depressed when Gigastudio Vintaudio Upright and Art Vista Malmsjo quality left the building.
Layering was my way back..

Another lover of Keyscape here. I see it as basically a museum of extremely highly sampled keyboard instruments.

There are some amazing patches, like 'Dark Score' for the C7 grand which could be used in a cinematic setting very easily, but the most use I've had from the C7 is in a Jazz context, to which is plays and sounds wonderful.

The LA Rhodes is to die for, and there are some wonderful Celeste and toy piano variations in this museum, oh and the Duo patches are very unique too. Also check out the Harmochord, really great for drones and accordion style lines! Happy customer here :)

Here's a crazy thing I just discovered with Keyscape + Omnisphere: You can actually select any of keyscape's 'release' sample sets to be used with any soundsource in omnisphere, that means you can have the chaotic toy piano release sounds paired with some synth bell or keyboard, or any soundsource whatsoever, pretty cool stuff :)

(you do it in the soundsource zoom page - look for 'release'

I’ve been revisiting the C7 lately and I have to say it’s like no other. It sounds fuller and has more body than any piano library I own or tried.

Yesterday I decided to bounce the same midi file of a jazzysh improvisational Jam I did with: Keyscape, CFX full, Ravenscroft and Ivory II American Grand. The Keyscape single handily stood out fom the rest in terms of body and presence. I’m guessing that’s the tape they put in the default patches.

The only piano that sounds as rich is my Korg Kronos Steinway D. As far as software libraries, I think the Grandeur is the only one that can hang with it in terms of body and richness.

Another thing to note is how crucial it is to choose the right velocity curve for your keyboard. That Custom C7 really comes alive in terms of response (and even tone) when you do.

Last edited:
You're right the tape is a big part of the depth you hear in the default patches. This has actually led me to start using the tape slammer effect in omnisphere more often (this is the one used on the C7 patches). Highly recommended :)

Another thing to note is how crucial it is to choose the right velocity curve for your keyboard. That Custom C7 really comes alive in terms of response (and even tone) when you do.

Couldn't agree more, getting that velocity to suit your keyboard makes a huge difference. Only slight niggle I have with the library, is it can take longer than average to bounce down tracks from Cubase, in my experience.

Couldn't agree more, getting that velocity to suit your keyboard makes a huge difference. Only slight niggle I have with the library, is it can take longer than average to bounce down tracks from Cubase, in my experience.
It does if you’re bouncing from midi. Depending how lazy I am, I sometimes consolidate to audio track then bounce. Takes way less time when bouncing.

Top Bottom