What's new

Nothing to see here.

Hans Zimmer Strings from 1 to 10

• Total voters
It's the best library EVER. I haven't bought it, and I don't even need to. Just watching the videos makes my Albion mockups more epic. I actually put the videos of the library on, and do my mockups while watching them, and the audio from the library bleeds into my Albion sessions, and adds epic to them.

But, as always, I'm just one dude, with one opinion....

Mike

Best library ever hands down. I see nothing rivals hz strings so far. I only have spitfire chamber strings, one of the best strings ever. Hz is the best compliment to it. Hz, The sounds are lush and beautiful. Particularly the cellos, you can close eyes and just keep playing and let your imagination flows without feeling bored of the sound till fatigue caught up with you. I haven't written anything yet though, just playing and enjoying the lush sound. The bass however is probably the least of my favorite, not sure why maybe it's just too loud or grand sounding to me. I was expecting more from the bass like other sections. But that's just me. Im sure to others it sounds normal and just right, anyway I haven't explored the bass much yet anyway just the surface. All I have tried so far is out of thebox features and no mic no effects etc except tee included vibrato a ND reverb knobs in there. Even without touching the knobs it already sound fantastic. I suggest you listen more to all the 6 song demos at spitfire website to see if you like the sounds. I made decision just based on the demos. Got what I wanted. On the walk through videos of by spitfirewhich I think showed a different expect of the strings, but this library sounds better than the walk through especially for the longs aND legatos. But don't take my words for it, do more research and try it out somewhere if possible. What I like may not be what you like

P:s/I only tried with moderate and slow songs. I can't comment on fast songs I haven't tried yet a ND not into it that much

Last edited:
How is this a troll poll? Some of us want to know before buying it.

Because it’s a set of incomplete options, rife with false dichotomie. In politics it would be called a “push poll”. In science it would be called “not science”. In mathematics an ‘incomplete and/or inconsistent logical system’ (you might be able to get one at the expense of the other, depending on how you axiomitize). In critical theory, a ‘reductive fetishization’. And on the internet, probably something like ‘Tuesday’.

There’s already so many threads and reviews elsewhere, how do you think such a poll would help anyone ? I mean, seriously ?
Or how many more threads do we need to get an idea of what HZS brings to the table ?

How is this a troll poll? Some of us want to know before buying it.

Understandable. Therefore some useful material and dissussion is available in other threads. Look at the audio examples, videos, and first impressions. For instance Daniel James did a 5 hour video stream. I don´t feel that this poll is bringing anything new to the table other than yet another thread of pros and cons, and people probably battling, but more wasting space on the xenforo servers. I can´understand you want to know things but why not just using the search engine? It is in the right above corner and when you type in "HZ" the next 3 pages reveal at minumum 8! (E-I-G-H-T) threads about that infamous HZ Strings.

https://vi-control.net/community/search/5831104/?q=HZ&o=date

I think it's a fantastic library for very detailed, extremely intimate, fragile music. Perfect for european arthouse films where people stare weirdly at walls for long periods of time, there are lots of shots of staircases and scenes where couples in apartments in Paris don't talk to each other, and in the end someone is raped. So basically Batman meets Pirates of the Carribean, but not as 1994.

Small is beautiful. What you want is really really up close and confined sounding. When even "Chamber" is too big, you reach for "Zimmer". The only way to top this is if someone manages to record "Kinderzimmer" Strings. Or even better, Kleiderschrank Strings. At the edge of silence mofos.

How do we know whether the people voting have the library or are just voting based on all the discussions and the various videos?

Perfect for european arthouse films where people stare weirdly at walls for long periods of time, there are lots of shots of staircases and scenes where couples in apartments in Paris don't talk to each other, and in the end someone is raped.

In France we call that kind of attitude "Intello", if you say "intello" you've said everything !

Top Bottom