What's new

MIDI Control Surface - MCU Pro, Behringer X-Touch, BCF2000, ect.

I have an XTouch. Love it. I was thinking of getting the smaller version, but there was no Mac editor. So I emailed them and they told me there was a beta version to DL. I never bought the smaller unit, but just wanted to let Mac users know there is at least something out there.

Reactions: mac
Hi, I own Behringer xtouch compact now, I tried using it as a generic remote controller for midi cc and it works great with studio one, but my issue is that whenever I take my fingers off of the faders after recording cc values the faders then move back to zero,
Possibly related to a setting in S1. Is it sending Midi Out to your XTC. My XTC doesn't do that in Cubase when I'm using Midi Mode. Fader just sits where I leave it.

if you don’t send the bcf midi but do receive midi it operates as a non flying fader box. your daw would need to be able to do this or you would have to use midi cables and only run a midi out.

ok folks, I checked everything, but still couldn't find any solution, I have connected x touch via midi cables as well and I have been using same settings as you guys discussed above, I am attaching a screen shot of my s1 settings also a video clip showing my issue thanks screen123.jpg

Here is the link for the video showing the problem, again i am using it as midi remote for writing midi cc data...

Thanks for you support guys...

Here is the link for the video showing the problem, again i am using it as midi remote for writing midi cc data...
Are you sure that the XTC is in Midi Mode? From your video, it looks like it's in MCU Mode. Motors will be disabled when in Midi Mode.

To switch between standard operating mode and MC (Mackie Control) mode, press and hold down the MC
button in the bottom left corner,(CH 1) and then turn on the unit’s power switch. Keep holding down the MC
button until the MC MODE LED lights continuously to show that the unit is in MC mode.

Repeat that process to put it in Midi Mode. The MC LED should be OFF in the status panel above the master fader. I'm only using the USB connector.

Are you sure that the XTC is in Midi Mode? From your video, it looks like it's in MCU Mode. Motors will be disabled when in Midi Mode.

To switch between standard operating mode and MC (Mackie Control) mode, press and hold down the MC
button in the bottom left corner,(CH 1) and then turn on the unit’s power switch. Keep holding down the MC
button until the MC MODE LED lights continuously to show that the unit is in MC mode.

Repeat that process to put it in Midi Mode. The MC LED should be OFF in the status panel above the master fader. I'm only using the USB connector.
Yeah its in usb mode, no mackie mode light is blinking as I have disabled mackie mode, the only problem that i have is after writing the cc values fader comes back to zero on its own, dont know what could be the problem...

I've just checked my XTC without connecting it to my PC. In Midi Mode, the faders will stay where I move them to. Put the XTC into MC mode and my XTC displays the behaviour in your video. So looks like your XTC won't go into Midi Mode. Have you tried Behringer Support?

I've just checked my XTC without connecting it to my PC. In Midi Mode, the faders will stay where I move them to. Put the XTC into MC mode and my XTC displays the behaviour in your video. So looks like your XTC won't go into Midi Mode. Have you tried Behringer Support?
Ok, I have not contacted behringer yet, but is there any possibility of firmware upgrade that can solve this problem.. what do you think

I have an XTouch. Love it. I was thinking of getting the smaller version, but there was no Mac editor. So I emailed them and they told me there was a beta version to DL. I never bought the smaller unit, but just wanted to let Mac users know there is at least something out there.

Are the screens able to take their colour from the track colour in logic?

upload_2018-2-5_20-57-17.png

Ok, I have not contacted behringer yet, but is there any possibility of firmware upgrade that can solve this problem.. what do you think

Someone has just solved my problem on another thread, which means I can now solve yours! The thread is here.

The problem you're having I think can be solved by changing mode: it seems you're currently in MCU mode (I was able to recreate your problem by doing this); if you go into Mackie mode (press and hold Select on Ch1 as you power up the unit, and then turn the knob on channel 1 to Mackie, then reboot the XTouch), then it will communicate with Logic correctly.

This will get you to the point where I was until just now... I could communicate correctly with logic for mixing, but no cc control. The poster on the other thread just solved this for me: press Shift + Instrument on the XTouch, then open up Smart Controls, press the 'I', hit Learn for External Assignment on 1 of the Smart Controls (assuming you've already mapped the Smart Controls, but this is easily done with Learn in the instrument), and then move the fader. Hey presto, it worked!!

I was sure I had bought the wrong unit and only that XTouch compact can send CC info (I've read that on so many threads!) that I bought a nanokontrol 2 instead (which actually works great, and rendered by XTouch defunct, but now I can use the much better faders on the XTouch). But here I am, controlling cc with the XTouch (eg, I can control expression, vibrato, etc in Albion ONE - my whole purpose!) YEAH!

Thank you to Heliovox for solving my problem, and indirectly, yours too mac!

Uh oh, I spoke too soon! I was able to get parameters mapped to controls on the X-Touch, with only 1 fader exhibiting the behaviour you described (jumping back to zero autonomously). Unfortunately, in trying to recreate this problem on the other faders, I can no longer get them to work! Ok, 2 steps forward, 1 back! I'm at least reassured the the X-Touch can indeed send cc data! After all this time! Will keep playing around to try to get it fully working again...

Uh oh, I spoke too soon! I was able to get parameters mapped to controls on the X-Touch, with only 1 fader exhibiting the behaviour you described (jumping back to zero autonomously). Unfortunately, in trying to recreate this problem on the other faders, I can no longer get them to work! Ok, 2 steps forward, 1 back! I'm at least reassured the the X-Touch can indeed send cc data! After all this time! Will keep playing around to try to get it fully working again...

I got it in the end, No matter what software you are using and how the routing is set up the fader coming back to zero is something different in xtouch compact and the reason why faders keep coming back to zero was that cc values of foot+fader and fader-touch were similar or matching at certain faders, so as we know foot pedal sends only on and off information nothing else(I just overlooked it in the beginning), so when I used to move any fader, it did send the cc value but once the finger is lifted(ie-touch is off) the foot pedal caused it to come back to zero as it tells the software to turn it off, so make sure that you check the values of fader+foot and fader+touch in this case so that faders don't come back to zero...

Thanks everybody for your time and cooperation!!!
Cheers

Are the screens able to take their colour from the track colour in logic?

upload_2018-2-5_20-57-17.png

Color scribble strips not available in MC Mode, only in xctl mode through an ethernet connection. It's to be used with the Behringer X32 and other units like it. Kinda disingenuous, but there you go.

Reactions: mac

Ok this may sound strange, but, if my XTouch is turned on before I launch Logic, it is not recognized correctly. I have to power cycle the XTouch in order for Logic to communicate properly/ Sometimes I may even have to do it twice.

YMMV, because I am also using a Komplete Kontrol S88 in tandem with my XTouch

I got it in the end, reason why faders keep coming back to zero was that cc values of foot+fader and fader-touch were similar or matching at certain faders
So it was a mapping issue. There really should be a warning if you duplicate mappings in the editor. Just a confirmation to check that is what you want.

So it was a mapping issue. There really should be a warning if you duplicate mappings in the editor. Just a confirmation to check that is what you want.
Yeah they must give this feature in editor for mapping but i think it is also a feature in itself if somebody want faders to come back to zero after writing cc they can do it, also sometimes you might want to use knob set to same cc value of a fader to control filter in most cases where there is no expression or mod feature in any library, but you have to be sure of what mapping same options on different sections simultaneously can affect your workflow

Hey guys, for what it’s worth, I grabbed an X-Touch Compact and I absolutely LOVE it. Getting Midas on board for manufacturing was the best move they ever made. This thing feels like a real quality piece of hardware – the faders are incredibly smooth and with 100mm range, there’s plenty a resolution to be truly expressive with the latest crop of VIs - no more tiny cheesy plastic faders for me. And with 2 layers, each fader, button, and knob can essentially do two different things. In CC mode the fader motors are off, which is perfect; with a quick reboot into MC mode, I can use it for touch-sensitive automation writes with full MCU support.

IMO, other than its chunky size and having to power off to reboot, this is the perfect hardware controller for what we do!

What are you using to edit the CC assignments? The editor is supposedly only available on PC, no mac version.

Top Bottom