What's new

24 HOURS LEFT! Ólafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions Promo Price Ending Tomorrow

Re. WAVES Many ways to use them but a way I like is to stagger chord notes and you get this amazing almost baroque style note phasing?

Extraordinary. I'm doing a piece at the moment where I'm having to channel Mozart at about age 9 (you got to shoot for the moon...) and I literally spent last night painstakingly drawing in the expression curves for the under-chords...

It’s a great idea, how do you see it working?

Could it be like a keyswitch, perhaps? Since the functions are hidden in a popup I'm not sure how it would be mappable to an automation control. I guess my user story would be "user is able to assign "randomize within subtle" to a key or other controller such that she could trigger the randomization via host automation or a key on her midi controller."

Download has completed. Wow. This sounds really, really nice. As always. Bravo to the Spitfire team... you are truly making art that I can make art with.

Now everyone will sound wether Arnalds or Zimmer here on VI.C :-D

Beautifully sounding. I might stop before grabbing these though, as I still have to make good use of the wonderful LCO and SCS I bought this winter.

Now everyone will sound wether Arnalds or Zimmer here on VI.C :-D

Beautifully sounding. I might stop before grabbing these though, as I still have to make good use of the wonderful LCO and SCS I bought this winter.

What library is SCS?

Not really hearing much of a difference here from what I already own. Talk about diminishing returns.

I have to give it to Spitfire, though they have some really inspiring libraries, their business model is relentless and gloriously name-dropping. And always includes at least eye catching hyperbole.

This is one of the least essential libraries out there...and not just if you already have Albions, Evos, etc.

If you don't already have the above; hell, even then...

oh nevermind. Have fun blowing your money. That's what it's really about, isn't it? ;) I've been there, and I regret some of it (like having all three string Evos...wasn't entirely necessary, to say the least. One string and one woodwind would have been plenty, if not too much). Niche libraries are necessarily limited.

No offense meant. I don't know anything, anyway.

The usefulness seems less obvious here than in some other libraries, but it's definitely there imo. The walkthrough by Paul touches on some interesting features. Really a tasty extension to SCS at an interesting price!

Not really hearing much of a difference here from what I already own. Talk about diminishing returns.

I have to give it to Spitfire, though they have some really inspiring libraries, their business model is relentless and gloriously name-dropping. And always includes at least eye catching hyperbole.

This is one of the least essential libraries out there...and not just if you already have Albions, Evos, etc.

If you don't already have the above; hell, even then...

oh nevermind. Have fun blowing your money. That's what it's really about, isn't it? ;) I've been there, and I regret some of it (like having all three string Evos...wasn't entirely necessary, to say the least. One string and one woodwind would have been plenty, if not too much). Niche libraries are necessarily limited.

No offense meant. I don't know anything, anyway.

I find your post very helpful as a recent mover into orch/cine/epic/trlr.
Having only Tundra EVO .... had prioritized Symphonic Strings EVO, and perhaps EVO Grid 4. This release promo, and responses, had me leaning heavily with no serious reason other than perhaps the waves addition.
Your post has urged me back to more thorough re-look and SSE seems like a better 1st EVO step. Good to keep the 'niche' descriptor in mind, going forward.

THX !

I just did a side by side OA Evolutions Solo vs Chamber vs EVO Strings 1 vs SS Evolutions.

OA Chamber def has a very different sound and... at least for my work I think the killer combo is the OA EVO solo + Chamber. They layer pretty well and the solo puts the grit and detail on top of the Chamber.

I agree with the internal reasoning above for this being diminishing returns but I don't think it plays out in what I am hearing. The OA Chamber pieces sound quite different than the SSE, it is a smaller ensemble, different players, but you can definitely hear what I consider to be a positive difference in the feel of the playing. They are playing different phrases and playing them in a more experimental fashion. Do you care like I do? Maybe not but they sound quite different, all of these, side by side.

I tried to capture the comparison, but SnagIt is putting pops in my audio.

Well, as somebody who has actually just bought this and has been using for about 3 hours; I thinks it's bloody marvellous. Straight-into-the-template, go-to-inspiration-tool marvellous. Instant TV Drama. Beautiful.

22y3xs.jpg

I've also got the full Evo line, and while they're all super cool, this one feels like it might be a little more versatile. I do a lot of rom coms, and some of the subtle stuff in here sounds like it'd work well on a major-key romantic cue, giving it a little movement and character under whatever else it going on. Really looking forward to putting this to use!

Top Bottom