What's new

2CAudio Breeze 2.0 Pre-Release

Andrew Souter

2CAudio - Breeze | Simple. Light. Pristine.
https://www.designersound.com/breeze/222-breeze-20.html (Breeze 2.0 - Designer Sound Limited)
https://www.designersound.com/breeze/225-breeze-20-pack.html (Breeze 2.0 Pack - Designer Sound Limited)

PRE-RELEASE DEMO VERSIONS:

OSX:
https://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/products/breeze/2C_Breeze_2_0_1_OSX_Demo.zip

WIN:
https://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/products/breeze/2C_Breeze_2_0_1_Win_Demo.zip

SIMPLY BETTER

Introducing Breeze 2.0: the first member of the next generation of our award-winning reverb family. We believe it is one of our best sounding efforts to date! It's twice as light, twice as pristine, simpler, prettier, and vastly more powerful. It's simply better.

2CAudio_Breeze2_Main_1.png

2CAudio_Breeze2_Freq_1.png

2CAudio_Breeze2_Time_1.png

2CAudio_Breeze2_Main_3.png

PRE-RELEASE

December 16, 2017

Today we are making the current state of Breeze 2.0 available to everyone and anyone who would like to try it in a "Pre Release" state and we are including it in our Winter Holiday Promotion. There are a few more things we still want to do, and are still putting finishing touches on a few minor GUI things, but as is said: real artists ship. It's time for some community involvement.

"Pre-Release" is something in-between a public-beta and the final version. The functional aspects and all audio/DSP features are complete and sound insanely great. What remains to receive some final loving is:

1) Full host compatibility testing and minor bug fixes as reported
2) Fix of minor OSX GUI glitches, and fully verify OSX High Sierra compatibility
3) Full Factory Presets, and optional "Simply Better" Preset Expansion
4) Older machine support including Win 7 and SSE-based CPUs
5) Minor GUI additions and enhancements such as "Light Mode" theme
6) Marketing Materials & Demo Sounds
7) Manual

We expect we will follow up relatively quickly with small free maintenance updates such as 2.0.1, 2.0.2 etc through the end of December as we tweak these few remaining things we would like to do and address any reported issues that inevitability pop up in initial releases. If you are the type of customer who likes to be the first to explore new things, and likes to provide feedback to help squash any potential minor bugs, this is your chance. New versions will automatically appear in the "My Downloads" area of the "My Account" section of the Designer Sound web-store as they become available. The process is quick and painless in the new web-store.

During the Winter Holiday Promo the Breeze 2.0, Perfect Storm 3.0, and Everything Packs include both Breeze 1.0 and 2.0 so that you may use both if necessary during the Pre-Release period while we receive feedback and additional compatibility reports from initial users. Both versions can be installed concurrently and even used together in the same session. Breeze 2.0 will not automatically replace 1.0 instances in your existing sessions; therefore if you demand rock solid stability for projects during the holiday period but would also like to explore Breeze 2.0 at your leisure, you can have the best of both worlds!

We expect to be fully complete with the Pre-Release stage by the NAMM timeframe around the third week of January 2018. We are also completing the Simply Better Expansion for this timeframe, which is preemptively included in the Breeze 2.0 Pack. You may simply order in January of course if you prefer, but it's now the Holiday Season, our mothers told us not to horde our toys, and some people like to sample holiday cookies while they are still warm from the oven. Therefore in the spirit of sharing, we are opening this up to anyone who would like to get a head start on exploring our latest effort today.

STATUS UPDATE

January 02, 2018

* Version 2.0.1 was released on Christmas Eve 12/24/2017 which includes SSE support, Windows 7 support for 64-bit hosts, and misc bug fixes. This version is already stable for all reported users.

* High Sierra compatibility has been tested and confirmed

* The Simply Better Expansion is about complete and will be released by January 10th

* we continue to work on any reported minor OSX GUI drawing artifacts and any other reported issues received during the Pre-Release phase

* we are now finalizing AVX-512 support for the latest bleeding edge CPUs and have acquired an AVX-512 machine for testing.

* feedback has been incredibly positive and many users have expressed their view that we may have even outdone Aether and B2 in some areas with this offering.

* Final official release remains expected to be around the week of NAMM.

A STORY OF BREEZE

Ever since the release of the original Aether 9 years ago, we have been known to make some of the best reverbs on the planet. Over the past several years many new competitive products have come to the market. Some have been cheaper. Others have used less CPU resources. Some have had more direct linage to glorious hardware of yesteryears. There have even been more complex products. The competition has certainly gotten better over the past 9 years, we freely admit. Still to this day however, based on our own estimation and feedback from our users, we remain unmatched and unbeaten in what ultimately matters the most: raw sound quality. Our products are known to have a certain magic to their sound, and this magic is heard daily by millions of people around the world. The secret recipe for this magic is about half a cup of math and science, half a cup of art, a whole gallon of luck, and a ton of community support and user involvement. We got very lucky with our early designs and we continue to be amazed and humbled by the quality of the creative works in all corners of our industry our technologies have the privilege to be some small part of. Thanks in large part the help of the community, Aether, Breeze, and B2 have become something of industry standards in music, film, TV and game production over the years. With all of this in mind, it was a tall task to embark down the rabbit hole once again to try outdo ourselves.

We started by focusing on our number one weakness: CPU usage. .... Then we had a few eureka moments, and we started to see 150%, 200%, 300% and in some cases 400% and 500% increases in efficiency!

Full story here: 2CAudio - Breeze | Simple. Light. Pristine.

There is a 25$ voucher for v1 users. I absolutely love Breeze but I don't know if I want to "buy the product again", and this is how it feels like for me now.

Just checked and they have it on sale for $74.99 for Breeze 2 and they give a $25 voucher for previous owners.
Brings the total to uphgrade to Breeze 2 at $49.
Wondering about the Expansions, I have 2 already. Curious if they're new expansions for Breeze 2 or the old ones that can be used.

On the other hand, for the same upgrade amount one can get any of the Valhalla reverbs...
Not sure how I feel about this yet, but I do use Breeze quite often, so :)

Perhaps this clarifies:

What's new in Breeze 2.0?

Basically everything. Our existing algorithms were rebuilt completely from the ground up. Of course we kept the best parts of our original design, including the simplicity of the original GUI layout, but we effectively rethought everything. We rebuilt Breeze using new techniques learned from the past 7 years of experience and countless hours of math and science RnD. Any techniques that remain from 1.0 have been vastly improved. Many new techniques that are completely unique to Breeze 2.0 have been added. Essentially the DSP core that make our reverbs sound as good as they do has been rewritten and taken to the next level. 15 seconds of listening to the demo will undeniably confirm this.

At the same time we employed new optimization knowledge learned working on our innovative product Kaleidoscope. Kaleidoscope was an ultra-complex development project that pushed our team to the limits, and we brought back many valuable insights from the challenges we faced developing it, which are now benefiting our reverbs as well.

New Performance

* Extreme gains in performance and efficiency
The renown 2CAudio sound without the CPU usage!
Over twice as fast as Breeze 1 on average, often significantly more
Render entire songs in seconds
Load hundreds of simultaneous instances on modern CPUs
* Zero Latency. None.
Get Ambience presets with IRs that start at 0 samples for ultra close spaces

Vastly More Powerful

* 12 Algorithm Modes
9 completely new modes unlike anything else in other 2CAudio products
3 Classic modes that have been significantly improved

* 2 New Modulation Modes
absolutely stunning results
great variation and diversity for preset designers
the most pristine tech specs on the market -- no modulation artifacts

* 12 Damp and EQ filter types
all enhanced beyond our previous designs
8 completely new to Breeze

New GUI System

* Completely 100% procedural GUI
Ultra fast plug-in load times even at huge GUI sizes
No wasted disk space
Perfectly crisp and anti-aliased images and text

* Resizable GUI
10 different GUI sizes starting with the original small size all the way to 4 and 5K
Support of High DPI Screens

* Advanced color preferences system
Customize the look and feel of the GUI
Change your vibe, get inspired
Dark and Light GUI themes

New Simplicity:

* Alg Randomization Button
generates literally infinite variations of a single preset with one click

* Interactive Frequency Display
Ultra intuitive adjustment of multiple filter parterms using X-Y mouse movement
Double Size Zoom view for fine tune control and numeric value entry

* Time Display
Displays information about the characteristics of first 300ms of the time response
Differentiates different preset types with clear visual aide
Interactivity to be added

Even More Pristine Sound

* Completely 64-bit double-precision process end-to-end

Don't take our word for it. Just listen.

There are several issues with your website and it behaves very strange. Everytime I want to listen to an audio demo, the sites redirects me to a completely different one which has absolutely no sound. Tested with different browsers, the same weird issue everywhere.
Clicking on your banner to see the products advertised opens again a new site where there is no top navigation menu, never seen anything like it before.

Regarding presets:

The final version will have at least 150 new Factory presets. There will be a new Expansion as well: the "Simply Better" expansion, which will have at least 250 more. We said in the original pre-release announcement that these will both be finalized by the final release around the NAMM timeframe.

The Simply Better expansion is almost done already however, and I may make it available as early as next week, after some more critical listening etc.

All presets I have made focus exclusively on all the new possibilities in Breeze 2.0. This is stuff that definitely can NOT be achieved in Breeze 1, Aether or B2. There is a TON of new DSP and tech in this update. We could have called it by a different name and simply made it a new product with a higher price. But we don't want to offer 10 different reverbs. We want to keep the three we have and continuously improve them with everything we learn over the years.

We have been building up lots of RnD over the past several years working on Kaleidoscope. Now we are happy to begin to share it with you and re-establish our position as leader and build upon our legacy. Many users have already told us they think Breeze 2 may even outdo Aether and B2 in some cases. We don't argue with this assessment.

and yes, during the Pre-Release phase existing customers of Breeze, Aether, or B2 and upgrade/cross-grade for only $49.95. We think it's a complete no-brainer.
We encourage everyone to try the demo and draw your own conclusions.:2thumbs:

There are several issues with your website and it behaves very strange. Everytime I want to listen to an audio demo, the sites redirects me to a completely different one which has absolutely no sound. Tested with different browsers, the same weird issue everywhere.
Clicking on your banner to see the products advertised opens again a new site where there is no top navigation menu, never seen anything like it before.

www.2caudio.com

?

OS? Web Browser? English Language versions?

Thanks for the video.

The click on the audio player, that seems to redirect to the home page is odd, yes. I never seen that before. I can't reproduce it on OSX or Win8. I'll see if we can get it to happen on Win10.

The second action of click on the promo image, is correct behavior. This is taking you the promo message that we send out via email. This same info is available for anyone to read by clicking on the image like you did, or on the "click here for more info" link in the "Sale" text below. clicking on the 2CAudio logo from this promo message page will bring you back to the home page, and clicking on any of the many other links in the page will direct you to product pages etc.

we will see if we can reproduce the sound-cloud player issue you report on win10. thanks!

FYI, the audio demo's on the Breeze listing are still Breeze 1. So really I would recommend to just try the demo at the moment...

We are completing Breeze 2 audio demos over the next 2-3 weeks. This is a pre-release phase where we collect feedback and extra testing to make sure it is 110% solid on all the weird and wonderful host/os/hardware combos out there that we can't possibly have all ourselves. We seem to be quite solid already however as of the 2.0.1 build be offered on Dec 24. Only some minor GUI artifacts on OSX remain AFAIK in terms of bugs. But there are other things, like presets, manual, demo sounds, etc that we are still finishing.

And we are now doing AVX-512 optimizations which is expected to make it BLAZINGLY fast on the latest CPUs (iMacPro, Skylake-X, Silver/Gold/Platinum Xeon SP, and various new CPUs coming to market in the next year.)

The click on the audio player, that seems to redirect to the home page is odd, yes. I never seen that before. I can't reproduce it on OSX or Win8. I'll see if we can get it to happen on Win10.

same problem here on firefox / win10.

meanwhile, maybe they work from here on win10:

https://www.designersound.com/18-breeze
https://www.designersound.com/11-b2
https://www.designersound.com/4-aether
https://www.designersound.com/71-kaleidoscope

?

and if not, there is always:

soundcloud.com/2caudio/sets

but, we will get player working on win10 of course too.

Although I do not use it much these days, I am a big fan of Breeze and happy that a new version will be released with multiple algorithms, more EQ options and larger display.

After demoing the said product for several days, I purchased the crossgrade to Breeze 2. In my humble opinion, for approximately $50, Breeze 2 is a steal. Very good job, 2CAudio.

I'm quite excited about aether 2 if you are revisiting all your reverbs.
...might that finally become capable of handling surround? could it possibly inculde more post pro oriented presets?

Top Bottom