What's new

Komplete updates are now half price

There's a separate crossgrade offer for people who own Komplete where you can get the full versions for £124 each.

As I said, I already have Brass ensemble (and am not fussed about solo) so I can pick up the other two for £250 (instead of £500).

Exactly !! usd 448.50 for Symphony Series _ String Ensemble, Brass Collection, Woodwinds Collection _
normally usd 897. Really reduces 'risk' for new Orchestral user ..... have been lost trying to sort individual offerings as well as wondering about cross-compatibility.

Almost ready to pounce ..... but still open to knowledgeable advice :shocked:

Why is everyone saying the Symphony Brass Ens is a stripped down version? The essential and normal version are both on offer. Is there another version?

Ah I see that's my mistake wasn't reading properly haha.

And I did not fact check the comment on this so just accepted it;) Thanks for helping clarify.

Edit: OK, so it is stripped down. Good to know

Last edited:
Well, hope so, but be aware ... there is Symphony SERIES _ Brass Solo, Brass Ensemble, and Brass Collection (BOTH).
Brass Ensemble would only be stripped down in terms of not including Brass Solo ... dunno what may have been intended ...

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/brass-woodwind/

Thanks, I was just waiting to get time to go look on NI's site to understand better. I see it now. There is a Symphony Series version and a Symphony Essentials version. Symphony Essentials is just the essentials (stripped down version of the Symphany Series) and it is the Essentials that comes with Ultimate. Got it!:2thumbs:

Ugh. I've been waiting for this sale for a long time now, but now that Thrill has come out, I'm reassessing my needs. And thus, the wait for K12U begins...

Una Corda and Reaktor 6 have been on my watchlist for quite some time, and Strummed Acoustic seems like a decent instrument, so I might just be tempted enough to pull the trigger...

Just ordered, It's pretty good for me to upgrade from 9U to 11U. I want some creative synths from Reaktor and some looking good samples. (not the symphony series)

What mic is included in these symphonic essentials version? is stage mic or close mic ? what. tells how well i can mix them other libs.

What mic is included in these symphonic essentials version? is stage mic or close mic ? what. tells how well i can mix them other libs.

While I don't have the Essentials version to check (I only have the full versions), I think it is safe to assume that the one included mic in Essentials is the "stereo mix" that is one of the four mic positions in the full versions (and which also is the default when you load up any of the NKIs). Note that the "stereo mix" mic is a pretty wet mix ... I've had better luck blending the Symphony Series libraries with others when I mute the stereo mix and go with my own combo of the close and mid mics.

Also, be aware that the Essentials version of the String library evidently doesn't include either the divisi sections or the auto-divisi functionality, which are among the main selling points of the library IMO.

While I don't have the Essentials version to check (I only have the full versions), I think it is safe to assume that the one included mic in Essentials is the "stereo mix" that is one of the four mic positions in the full versions (and which also is the default when you load up any of the NKIs). Note that the "stereo mix" mic is a pretty wet mix ... I've had better luck blending the Symphony Series libraries with others when I mute the stereo mix and go with my own combo of the close and mid mics.

Also, be aware that the Essentials version of the String library evidently doesn't include either the divisi sections or the auto-divisi functionality, which are among the main selling points of the library IMO.

True. and if is this kind mix reqular komplete is all what i need. i try look if i can get info somewhere info about its mics.

Ugh. Turns out with Native Access your computer needs to be connected to the internet. My PC slave has not been connected to the internet so I can't even install my libraries. I need to either buy a wireless network card for my PC or share internet from my main mac? I can't get Internet Sharing to work. It seems to be messing with my network connection....

I'd like to ask a few questions if anyone can answer that'd be appreciated.
-is this a unique sale or does this happen every year? I thought it was a yearly thing.
-is the upgrade price the same for all versions to K11? (I have K10 so I see those upgrade prices but is it more for say K9 upgrade).

I'm not at all convinced that I need (or even want) to upgrade even with these prices but would it mean an overall saving in the long run?

Symphony essentials look next to useless,

Is the essentials version really not that good? Curious to know your opinion. I've been looking to upgrade as I've been doing some research of some of the reviews and they all were favorable. I don't really need a million articulations, just give me the sound of the string or instrument as I already have other libraries that will cover the rest. I could use more solo woodwinds tho as I see that they are included.

I'll also add that I'm a Komplete 10 Ultimate owner and additionally I bought India and the Reaktor 6 upgrade separately when they were on sale for half price.
The last 2 are also included in the upgrade to 11 and this still seems like a great deal to me for just $199.
I would still get Flesh, Form, UnaCorda, Session Guitarist, Emotive Strings, Replika II, and Symphony Essentials. Buying these separately would run me over a thousand so I'm close to taking the plunge but curious about the essentials package.

Last edited:
I noticed upgrades to Ultimate requires K8+... so, up to three versions back... was this always the case? (i.e., I always thought that any old version would do) edit: or maybe this is because K7 and earlier did not have standard/ultimate SKUs...

I'm still on K9, but I guess this means this is the last year I'd be able to "sit out" until K12 arrives where I'd have to either upgrade then or miss out on future discount pricing.

For those who are curious about Symphony Essentials, NI offers all of them as free demos, available here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/symphony-essentials/demo-versions/
They are functional for 15 minutes.

FYI, I purchased the upgrade to Ultimate from Musiciansfriend.com today. While they didn't discount it further than $299.50, it did come with 16% in rewards points, so I will get $48 off of future purchases from them. Also, you get the hard drive when you buy it that way.

I noticed upgrades to Ultimate requires K8+... so, up to three versions back... was this always the case? (i.e., I always thought that any old version would do) edit: or maybe this is because K7 and earlier did not have standard/ultimate SKUs...

I'm still on K9, but I guess this means this is the last year I'd be able to "sit out" until K12 arrives where I'd have to either upgrade then or miss out on future discount pricing.
This might be a good reason for me to sit out and then take advantage of upgrade to K12. When I purchased K9 I didn't realize I could get it on sale so there was the first "ouch" and about 2 months later NI came out with K10 , so when they offered me the upgrade sale to K10 it was double "Ouch" and there was really no reason to bite except for a couple of interesting instruments that I still don't own but sometimes that's just how it goes and I still love the product. Maybe this time I can make it more in my favor by waiting for K12? Do you think that's a gamble? I did notice that the upgrade price to ultimate actually seems better than it was last year but I might be mistaken. Question is if the upgrade price will be the same then waiting on K12 is definitely the way to go. If not, I might be sad I didn't take advantage.

It should be noted that what you get in K11 Ultimate verses K10 is quite an upgrade. NI has really packed alot into ultimate in K11 and I thought K10 had a lot to offer. K9U to K10U wasn't nearly the upgrade that K10U to K11U and in my case an even bigger upgrade going from K9 to K11U.

Last edited:
Top Bottom