What's new

The Pirating of my Library

I almost fell into the trap of complacent pirating in the past.
But deep down (as I believe everyone does know) I knew it was wrong and selfish.
A trap you can just justify yourself into, sadly

Sorry man

I bet no one thinks about who's passion for making content it will crush being a consumer of all they want :sad::notworthy::thumbsdown:
I think you're a few years too late :P

How ironic that this is one of the few libraries (Ninevolt Taiko 2) I would like to buy but can't, and could probably download from a torrent site but won't. I'm thankful to have paid for everything I have and have never crossed that line. These libraries are major work and those that toil deserve their pay.

Interesting that if you search for "Ninevolt Taiko torrent" this thread comes up first.

So, why was this thread brought back from the dead again?

Interesting that if you search for "Ninevolt Taiko torrent" this thread comes up first.

So, why was this thread brought back from the dead again?

ShadowlandsUK wanted to confess and mend his ways. This is still a huge issue, and hopefully it reminds us of how developers hard work allows us to make the music we do. By not supporting them we are cutting off our own oxygen supply. But I suppose for those working hard at their music, this should be obvious.

How ironic that this is one of the few libraries (Ninevolt Taiko 2) I would like to buy but can't, and could probably download from a torrent site but won't. I'm thankful to have paid for everything I have and have never crossed that line. These libraries are major work and those that toil deserve their pay.

Sometimes the whole Nine Volt Library will come out on sale.

The Nine Volt creator now makes these libraries:
https://insessionaudio.com/
If you contacted him (Kyle), maybe he could help. I think the Nine Volt stuff, though, was sold to someone else or a distributor or something. But still, I always found Kyle to be a very helpful guy (on a minor problem or two that I had). Perhaps he could point you toward a solution in purchasing what you want.

Isn't it still on VSTBuzz?
Yeah, that's who owns it now. Toward the bottom of that page, there's a button that says, "See all past deals." Page 8 has the Taiko drums. Unfortunately, all these past deals say, "Deal expired." But contact VSTBuzz. Maybe they can help.

Yeah, that's who owns it now. Toward the bottom of that page, there's a button that says, "See all past deals." Page 8 has the Taiko drums. Unfortunately, all these past deals say, "Deal expired." But contact VSTBuzz. Maybe they can help.

Is it part of this bundle? Because that's still available?

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/96-off-ultimate-rmx-30k-bundle-worth-2400/

Is it part of this bundle? Because that's still available?

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/96-off-ultimate-rmx-30k-bundle-worth-2400/

This is Nine volt's RMX bundle (loop libraries), but it doesn't include the regular Kontakt instruments (like Taiko 2). I've contacted Kyle a few times at session audio about picking up the old instruments, but never heard back. He was nice enough to get me "The Beat Asthetic" (Taikos) and "Shimmer and Shake" (shakers) before shutting down, which is really all I wanted out of the RMX bundle.

This is Nine volt's RMX bundle (loop libraries), but it doesn't include the regular Kontakt instruments (like Taiko 2). I've contacted Kyle a few times at session audio about picking up the old instruments, but never heard back. He was nice enough to get me "The Beat Asthetic" (Taikos) and "Shimmer and Shake" (shakers) before shutting down, which is really all I wanted out of the RMX bundle.

Oh yea see what you mean. None of it is actually Kontakt.

There should be stiff penalties for sites that engage piracy. I've had my stuff stolen a few times and it is infuriating.

It is a difficult subject - I was tipped off to a bunch of my libraries on a torrent site, seeded by a user with a fairly unique name. It made me feel sick and at the same time very angry. I checked my sales email database & found the same name. I did more research & eventually got the guys legal name & address, IP address and screenshots of all activity... Also from the torrent site data I worked out the value of the downloaded libraries from his torrents - it was over US$30k. So what would you then do with this information?

I contacted a lawyer in the country of the pirater (UK) who said I could take him to court, and with the evidence I had he would very likely lose & all costs & some damages would be charged to him... I could see on his FB account he had a fairly simple but ok studio... So it came down to this: if I proceeded I would basically be liquidating the guy. He would very likely lose the court case, and presuming he didn't have the cash would lose his studio.

I had also contacted a local anti-piracy group in my country, who contacted associates in UK. They sent an investigator around to his house, he wasn't home but they left a fairly serious message for him. He made contact with them and claimed to be full of remorse... and took the torrents down....

The conclusion I came to was this: its one thing downloading pirated content, and anyone who does & who uses it should know their work can be DCMA'd at any time. So if years later they get a job for a game studio or something, and forget which of their content they actually own and use that pirated content... That project could be DCMA'd after it has been released - imagine what that would do to your career... I hear my work used in film & TV shows, and I do check who used it & owns it as I am interested & often contact the person to congratulate them...

But for people who upload or seed torrents, they deserve a special place in hell. And just because I didnt proceed with prosecuting said ahole now, does not mean I won't in the future. They should know a sword of damocles hangs over them and if they ever revert to more of the same behaviour, I very well may make that call....

I'm about to release my first commercial library and would hate this to happen to me. I feel for all the developers who have lost money / recognition for the effort they put into their products.

I see people stealing my music, and even worse, making crappy EDM versions of it.

If you see that happen on youtube you can claim rights and monetize it instead of getting it removed, their videos will get advertisement and you'll earn the money :)

Top Bottom