What's new

What's the official word on buying Spitfire libraries from JRRshop?

mgpqa1

I didn't realize they can bought at JRRshop until today. However, I searched around and came across two posts from last year that worry me...
  1. ...Please do know that we were an authorized Spitfire Audio dealer during the time that we were selling their products. I don't actually know yet what has changed but I have removed all their products from JRR Shop until we get it figured out.
    (source)

2. ...Please be aware that JRRshop is not an authorised reseller of our products and will not be able to fulfil future orders of Spitfire products.
    (source)

I see Spitfire products available for purchase at JRRshop as I type this today... does this mean that things were eventually "figured out" as mentioned in #1? I searched some more and I don't believe Eric ever followed-up in that thread (or anywhere else) saying everything's fine now.

I've been buying from Spitfire directly this whole time, but given a choice I always prefer to use PayPal—which Spitfire does not accept, but JRRshop does—for my online purchases.

Perhaps you can email or call Uncle Eric and then let us know

I didn't realize they can bought at JRRshop until today. However, I searched around and came across two posts from last year that worry me...
  1. (source)

2. (source)

I see Spitfire products available for purchase at JRRshop as I type this today... does this mean that things were eventually "figured out" as mentioned in #1? I searched some more and I don't believe Eric ever followed-up in that thread (or anywhere else) saying everything's fine now.

I've been buying from Spitfire directly this whole time, but given a choice I always prefer to use PayPal—which Spitfire does not accept, but JRRshop does—for my online purchases.

Perhaps you can email or call Uncle Eric and then let us know
An update! I didn't email Uncle Eric, but contacted their support and they assured me I'd be okay. So I went ahead and purchased (using PayPal!), was sent a "token" afterwards from JRRshop to be claimed at the Spitfire Audio site, then finally received my serial from Spitfire in another email (the transaction even shows in my order history at the Spitfire Audio site, but no "invoice" link since it was done through JRRshop).

I logged into the Library Manager and my newly purchased library was there ready to be downloaded. :2thumbs:

Top Bottom