What's new

Spitfire Performance legato (SSS & SCS)

stargazer

I just installed the Spitfire Symphonic Strings (Version: 1.0.1).
I like the Performance legato patches but miss the Shared KS on those.

One thing I liked better in the Mural version was the Legato runs.
There seems to be a velocity dependent attack layer in the new version that doesn’t work too well the following simple screen recording example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsel39615ygbfcd/SSS Legato.mov?dl=0

1: Legato Run (Legacy/Mural)
2: Performance legato - medium velocity
3: Performance legato - max velocity

With the added velocity, 3rd playthrough, it works better, but in that case all notes get a more accentuated attack.
Any thoughts?
I am doing something wrong?

What about the Spitfire Chamber Strings?
(I haven’t updated from Sable yet.)
Anybody tested and compared the new Performance legato patches in SCS to the Sable ones?
Shared KS in those patches?

Thanks Andy!
Did you check my movie?
Do you know about the Shared KS?
Also, regarding walkthroughs; they’re great, but I hope you plan to release new manuals, too.
When you want to do a fast search for some feature, a 30 min walkthrough isn’t the easiest way to find it.

There's an in depth walkthrough video coming very soon that explains the full functionality of the performance patches.

Could you please set up a short manual???
I'm trying to figure out how to set up key switches, no chance to get that information without excessive google search; unfortunately i have no nerves & time for this.

Could you please set up a short manual???
I'm trying to figure out how to set up key switches, no chance to get that information without excessive google search; unfortunately i have no nerves & time for this.

What does this mean? There are already patches with setup keyswitches.

@Daniel F. : Maybe there are. I just don't have a manual which tells me where and how i find them.

An example:
Load the following in the same Kontakt instance:
a - Violins 1 - Core techniques
a - Violins 1 - Decorative techniques
a - Violins 1 - Legato Sul G
Set all to the same midi channel and choose Shared KS (under advanced view in Kontakt) for each of them.

An example:
Set all to the same midi channel and choose Shared KS (under advanced view in Kontakt) for each of them.

Okey? Now what?

That’s it.
Choose articulation via keyswitches.

Yes? I thought you we're going to show something that's wrong with SCS. Shared KS is great feature. I know they could improve it more. And I agree they should add Share KS to the new patches as well.

That’s it.

Yes? I thought you we're going to show something that's wrong with SCS. Shared KS is great feature. I know they could improve it more. And I agree they should add Share KS to the new patches as well.

But it seems like the assign keyswitch doesn't work when I take a closer look, very odd.

That’s it.

But it seems like the assign keyswitch doesn't work when I take a closer look. Altho I think it's supposed to be used with the UACC system.

This was meant to help Living Fossil to set up keyswitches.
Regarding legato; in my first post there’s a dropbox link to a screen capture.

An example:

Thanks. However: how can i reach the advanced view?
I just don't get it how one can release a library which has lots of possiblities without a manual.
Video Walkthroughs are no replacement.

Thanks. However: how can i reach the advanced view?
I just don't get it how one can release a library which has lots of possiblities without a manual.
Video Walkthroughs are no replacement.

You click the little wrench icon on the main page. You should really take a look at those walkthorughs they are really good and easy enough. Not the one in top left but the one on the interface.

And then the lock icon located at the bottom of the instrument window.

But you don't need to go to the advanced view to change to shared KS. Do you know if I can set custom KS for shared KS? If you load Longs and Longs CS can I set one to be C-2 and one to be C-1?

YYou should really take a look at those walkthorughs they are really good and easy enough.

Walkthroughs steal my time and my nerves. Specially when they are meant to be "easy".
In a manual, i can decide what information i read at a specific moment. And i can decide at which speed i read. Walkthroughs are usually so slow that it kills me.

Besides that: when i choose "shared keyswitches" hitting one of the keyswitch keys lets disappear everything.
Is this a bug?
Or do i have to go through a 30min Walkthrough video to see what detail i've overseen???
Replacing reading by videos is the shortest way into idiocracy.

Walkthroughs steal my time and my nerves. Specially when they are meant to be "easy".
In a manual, i can decide what information i read at a specific moment. And i can decide at which speed i read. Walkthroughs are usually so slow that it kills me.

Besides that: when i choose "shared keyswitches" hitting one of the keyswitch keys lets disappear everything.
Is this a bug?
Or do i have to go through a 30min Walkthrough video to see what detail i've overseen???
Replacing reading by videos is the shortest way into idiocracy.

Did someone force you to buy these libraries? Because when I made my decision to buy SCS I knew what I would be buying. I knew I wouldn't have access to a manual and I checked the walkthrough to know what the instrument could do and couldn't do. Of course I agree and hope they will add a manual sooner or later, but they update the engine often so keeping the manuals up to date might be hassle.

Either way no that's not a bug. It supposed to disable the keyswitches so that not all play at the same time. But I don't like this system either, it's confusing or bugged right now. I manage to get it to work a long time ago but have moved away from using shared KS so I haven't followed what they've changed and I think it's supposed to be used with their UACC and I've forgotten how to set it up.

This is almost a manual.
https://www.syntheticorchestra.com/blog/?10

Top Bottom