What's new

Play 3.0.25 is now available for download

EastWest Lurker

PLAY 3.0.25 Update is now available for download -

https://www.soundsonline.com/Downloads

What's fixed and enhanced in PLAY Software Update v3.0.25?

• added WordBuilder 64-bit Mac support
• fixed audio artifacts in FL Studio
• fixed reverb and delay effect trails before starting playback
• fixed mouse behavior in WB's Time Editor
• fixed cursor/scrollbar oddities when lots of text added in WB Text Editor
• fixed additional on-screen keys being pressed when Repetition button is activated
• changed on-screen keyboard to play only the corresponding pitches in WB
• changed "Fast Disk Mode" to "Increase RAM Buffer" and default is now set to off, which means the Fast Disk setting is on be default
• fixed issue with navigating back to "Player" view once in "WordBuilder" in Mac

Re: Pkay 3.0.25 is now available for download

@EastWest Lurker: "Pkay 3.0.25 is now available for download" You might want to edit the title ;) .

• changed "Fast Disk Mode" to "Increase RAM Buffer" and default is now set to off, which means the Fast Disk setting is on be default

Do you know any more about this, Jay? I understood that even with this on, the RAM use is the same as before, but it's been hard to find out info. Also is it just Mac-only for some reason? My memory is failing me in my old age...

Do you know any more about this, Jay? I understood that even with this on, the RAM use is the same as before, but it's been hard to find out info. Also is it just Mac-only for some reason? My memory is failing me in my old age...
Don't know the details, but I read somewhere (here?) that this feature is only needed on Mac, since Win seems to make it right by default. Strange world ;) .

Don't know the details, but I read somewhere (here?) that this feature is only needed on Mac, since Win seems to make it right by default. Strange world ;) .

Cheers - I think we read the same thing! It seems like a missed opportunity, cos obviously an SSD needs less buffering than an Olde Worlde 7,200 drive and AFAIK there's no clever internal automatic switch that can tell what sort of drive its working on.

Yes, it is only needed for the Mac. And I don't think it has anything to do with RAM usage, just what amount goes into the buffer to increase loading speeds on fast 7200 and SSD drives

BTW, as you guys know I am a Mac guy but recently Karel of VSL told us that coding for the Mac OSX was much trickier than for Windows 7 and that although he too loves Macs, audio applications in general run better on the PC. Not all but most.

So it is apparently a challenge for the developers.

I

I'm trying to see how to fix the typo in all the thread, but it seems that it takes an admin to do the job.

Other than that thanks for the heads up Jay!

My fellow readers......PLEASE TAKE NOTE. It was not clearly indicated that one might have an unnerving issue whilst installing on a mac.

I have a mac 12 core - 2.66, running OS 10.6.7 and Logic Pro 9.1.4

After I updated from 3.021 to this newer version, I rebooted and a prompt to re-enter my Logic Pro serial number appeared. NO problem, I typed in the code and it informed me that it was incorrect. Again, I thought I had input the string incorrectly, so I tried it again...no dice.

Blood pressure rising, I "phoned a friend" and he scoured the EW Forums and found this little gem.........

Those with my issue had to download and run a Play app that fixes its own permissions. REALLY?

I must say, THAT POTENTIAL ISSUE should have been CLEARLY marked in the Read me in flashing lights. Said App should also have been included in the Updater folder.

Perhaps it could have been placed in a sub-folder called "Installer utilities" or "Busy Working Composers - Break Glass Here In Case Of Emergency"......

Yes, I am THRILLED that it is now 64 bit on the mac platform, but what was going on "under the hood" that warranted its own permissions repair app? One has to wonder.....

-B

fwiw, I had the same problem, which can be scary on a deadline.

I'm in 10.6.8 on Logic 9.1.5, and the PLAY update messed with my preferences and permissions as well. Logic wanted my serial numbers again, and it rejected the correct ones.

Logic users take note that you need to use the PLAY repair permissions app, which EW doesn't make obvious...

fwiw, I had the same problem, which can be scary on a deadline.

I'm in 10.6.8 on Logic 9.1.5, and the PLAY update messed with my preferences and permissions as well. Logic wanted my serial numbers again, and it rejected the correct ones.

Logic users take note that you need to use the PLAY repair permissions app, which EW doesn't make obvious...

Wow, would one of you email that to me? Idid not have that issue here.

Top Bottom