What's new

ARCANE: Free Kontakt Player Library [1.01 Update! Individual Patches Now]

Embertone

Happy Halloween! We're excited to share our latest creation with everyone:

ARCANE is the world’s first possessed sample library! It’s a new concept we’ve been kicking around for a long time: the EXPERIENCE INSTRUMENT. Half instrument, half game. And Halloween is the perfect day to release such a strange and mysterious creation… Arcane puts you in the middle of a chilling SÉANCE.

You must interact with the evil Kontakt spirits in order to progress through Arcane, and only when you please these demons will you be granted access to the 4 worlds within:

Desolation

Offering

Specter (This one is EXTRA mysterious, hence the blurred out GUI)

Inferno

First and foremost, we made Arcane because it’s insanely fun… inspiring sounds + immersive gameplay = inspiration for us. We also wanted to create a sample library with a mind of its own, one with the potential to make you jump out of your seat!

Arcane is a rare, FREE library for Kontakt Player… it’s a limited release and our way of saying THANK YOU to our supportive users- Happy Halloween and please send our regards to the evil Kontakt spirits—

Love,

Alex and Jonathan

P.S. A huge THANK YOU to Mario Krušelj (a.k.a. EvilDragon) and Andreas Lemke for their wizard-like programming on Arcane. It was an immense challenge, and these guys pulled it off with class 8)

Re: Embertone's first EXPERIENCE INSTRUMENT: Arcane

Another insanely generous freebie from you guys! And what a great concept! I'll play the game tonight, if I dare.. :shock:

Thanks! o-[][]-o

Been waiting all morning for this. Downloading new Kontakt player now. Can't wait to hear the genius you guys once again put out. :)

Re: Embertone's Free Kontakt Player Library: Arcane

Desolation will definitely come in handy ahead of future Halloweens!

I didn't know there was going to be a test, though :)

Had to update Kontakt to 5.4.1 . Now Arcane keeps crashing it . Tried the Blakus Cello and it works fine :( Oh well , it was a freebie.

Arcane needs a lot of RAM, make sure you're running 64-bit version of Kontakt. And that you have preferably at least 8 GB of RAM...

Disregard if on Mac (although the amount of RAM still applies).

Yes - Arcane needs 2.5GB RAM :shock:

It's Arcane . It crashes everytime after pressing a few keys just after I touch a rune. I have 16 GB Ram Mac OSX. Just reinstalled the Kontakt update again and same thing.

Paul - send us an email - would love to get more details and help you out. Thanks!

-Alex

alex at embertone dot com

Looks/sounds amazing guys! Unfortunately, I haven't dared updating to 5.4.1 after all of the problems I've heard about it. If 5.4.2 comes out with the bugs fixed, though, I'll be very much looking forward to trying this out. :D

Perhaps I did not really understand the challenge, but when I found a word and click on it I just get a black window.
Is this a problem of my brwoser or is the black window the right answer?

Lucky- we'll look into this! It could be an issue on our side. In the meantime, try two things:

1) different browser

2) if you click on the rune/button again, it will trigger an alternate challenge for you.

Thanks!

Alex

Arcane is a rare, FREE library for Kontakt Player.

P.S. A huge THANK YOU to Mario Krušelj (a.k.a. EvilDragon) and Andreas Lemke for their wizard-like programming on Arcane. It was an immense challenge, and these guys pulled it off with class 8)
I hope that as a reward for their efforts, you're splitting the profits on this with them! :mrgreen:

I can't wait to try this out. I wonder what surprises might be in store . . .

Top Bottom