1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VE Pro and Waves plugins

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by Brian2112, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Brian2112

Brian2112 Senior Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Hi guys!
    Waves updated all of my plugins after a new purchase and now only a few of them show up in VE Pro. Most of them completely disappeared from Cubase, so I uninstalled and reinstalled all my Waves stuff. All back in Cubase but not VE Pro.

I did the usual:
    Rescan for vsts
    Made sure vst directories were pointing to the right place (all same as Cubase - double and triple checked directories).
    Tried to unpack the waves shell but it looks like you can't do that anymore with new versions.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks!

2. kurtvanzo

kurtvanzo Capt. Zorro

Waves is touchy about OS System/ waves shell version/ plugin versions. I've had better luck loading the Legacy installer on this page:
    http://www.waves.com/downloads

BUT it won't contain new plugins created in the last year by Waves, so if you have newer plugins, the newer version of wave central is your only option, which doesn't work on Mac OS older than 10.10.5 (not sure about PC). Waveshell really limits how well these things work. Cubase may be seeing it fine but VE Pro (what version? 5? 6?) may not. Updating VE Pro or going back to legacy waveshell may help, but these issues are a huge negative to buying any waves plugins.

Brian2112 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Brian2112

Brian2112 Senior Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Thank you kurtvanzo!:)
    That's seems to have done the trick (just rolled back the waves plugins).
    Don't understand the Waves Shell thing. Seems like it makes things more complicated not less. Yea, going to hold off on waves for a while.

4. C-Wave

C-Wave Senior Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Speaking of, since the latest NKS update, all my pianos form the pianos series, don't work in NI Komplete Kontrol.
    I get this error: "Could not load plug-in (Plugin creation failed)."

5. rrichard63

rrichard63 Perpetual Novice

Nov 17, 2013
    San Francisco Bay Area
    It's an essential part of their sui generis copy protection scheme. The installer knows what licenses you do and don't have and puts that information in your copy of the "shell" files. Waves may have intended this to be less intrusive and troublesome than iLok, etc. Clearly it's not.