What's new

The Philharmonia Clarinet - Freebie

Leosc

Riding the wave of so many great free instruments of recent times...

clarinetbfipaq.png

A clarinet! Made from the samples so kindly provided by the Philharmonia Orchestra sound exchange (http://www.Philharmonia.co.uk), put in order and into Kontakt 4.2.4+ format. Contains 4 moodwheel-controlled layers, no round robins, but real transitions, some scripting and a customized version of Big Bob's SIPS.

7 Articulations:
* Shorts (Semi-Staccatos)
* 2 Secs (1-2 second notes with a rather romantic tone)
* Mediums (2-3 second notes)
* Longs (3-4 seconds of length)
* Minor and Major trills
* Crescendi and Decrescendi

Moreover, you can activate Legato and Vibrato playing styles - as well as mechanical transition noises that make the instrument sound a little more natural.

Here's the famous beginning of Debussy's L'apres-midi d'un faune, played with a clarinet instead of a flute.

[flash width=450 height=110 loop=false]https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F66819098[/flash]

... and the Philharmonia Clarinet in an orchestral (well, string section) context (not really happy with this one, but what the heck... also, forgive me, Mozart)

[flash width=450 height=110 loop=false]https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F66818985[/flash]

Here's the download link:
Mediafire

Again, thanks to the Philharmonia Orchestra for providing the samples.

- Leo

Thanks Leo, nicely done!

That's a great initiative.
Thanks also to Philharmonia for sharing the samples! (tons of them in there)

Cheers,
Carles

Nice! Thanks Leo!
Never heard of these samples before, thanks for link. Might have a fiddle with some of that percussion!

I often invited people here to visit their site, also to listen to the phrases of each instrument. ... .

Leo, have you talked with them?

On their website you can read: License: You are free to use these samples as you wish, including releasing them as part of a commercial work. The only restriction is they must not be sold or made available 'as is' (i.e. as sampler or as a sampler instrument).

I often invited people here to visit their site, also to listen to the phrases of each instrument. ... .

On their website you can read: License: You are free to use these samples as you wish, including releasing them as part of a commercial work. The only restriction is they must not be sold or made available 'as is' (i.e. as sampler or as a sampler instrument).

Well Leo created the interface (which belongs to him), and people could drop in the samples themselves, which brings things full circle. I guess that's what's called a "Loop Hole" although the difference does seem rather obscure to me. :?

Maybe if Leo asks nicely all will just be well in happy sample land?

Well Leo created the interface (which belongs to him), and people could drop in the samples themselves, which brings things full circle. I guess that's what's called a "Loop Hole" although the difference does seem rather obscure to me. :?

Maybe if Leo asks nicely all will just be well in happy sample land?

Yeah, but since we discussed here many times about copyrights e.t.c., I think it is important to respect their licence. o/~

Yeah, but since we discussed here many times about copyrights e.t.c., I think it is important to respect their licence. o/~

Well then I suppose if he doesn't get express permission, he could just change to the BBC Philharmonia which does explicitly allow sharing of their samples with others. No idea how they sound though...

http://archive.org/details/orchestral_samples

Good thing Beethoven wrote the Diabelli variations before today's copyright laws! And good thing Google is too big to obey today's copyright laws or we wouldn't have the tremendous ability to share and reference music examples on youtube, many of which are in clear violation. And posters often claim they don't have ownership but have "no intention of offending or violating" - of which they are clearly aware of doing, as is Google, and every viewer, including many of the nice people on this forum who reference it daily.

Not sure what the answer is (pay thru advetising?) but that's clearly for another thread. I did provide an answer for this thread though, so no apologies if you're offended for the off-topic discussion.

Have a nice copyright violation-free day©,

Greg

Well then I suppose if he doesn't get express permission, he could just change to the BBC Philharmonia which does explicitly allow sharing of their samples with others. No idea how they sound though...

http://archive.org/details/orchestral_samples

Good thing Beethoven wrote the Diabelli variations before today's copyright laws! And good thing Google is too big to obey today's copyright laws or we wouldn't have the tremendous ability to share and reference music examples on youtube, many of which are in clear violation. And posters often claim they don't have ownership but have "no intention of offending or violating" - of which they are clearly aware of doing, as is Google, and every viewer, including many of the nice people on this forum who reference it daily.

Not sure what the answer is (pay thru advetising?) but that's clearly for another thread. I did provide an answer for this thread though, so no apologies if you're offended for the off-topic discussion.

Have a nice copyright violation-free day©,

Greg

Oopsssss ..... .

I mean: When you visit their website, you can read that they make very clear there that you are not allowed to build VI instruments with using their samples!!!

I see your point, sure, but, we write the year 2012 and not 2006..... . o-[][]-o

if ya bothered to read the page youd see these are the samples he used, and they are not allowed to be packaged up and redistributed. its pretty simple terms to abide by.

sorry mods but why does this thread still exist three days later? if i was the sample owner i would not be happy about my rights being infringed. legally and morally this is no different to posting a pirate download, no matter ya best intentions...

Thread reinstated. It was pulled temporarily because of pending questions about compliance with the original developer's stipulations regarding terms of usage. Apparently there was actually a good exchange between Acall and the original sample library developer that as long as this remains noncommercial its fine.

Nice to see this got sorted out. Great job putting this together, too.
It's unfortunate the source samples aren't of higher audio quality, but hey, it's free.

Sad to see another case of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent".

We are becoming so uncivilized.

Are we're going back to our innate roots, as its so easy to cast stones on the internet? Or is everyone just like Ted Nugent?

Top Bottom