What's new

Soundiron brass not going to Komplete?

Bardcomposer

I just was on soundirons site and says right there on the front, "Special Note: these products will not be included in Komplete or Komplete Ultimate"

So that said, i've been weighing my options because I'm on a budget and I still cant decide, but does anyone think just the solo one would sound good enough? or should i go with maybe spitfire BML

If you are on a budget, I wouldn't recommend spitfire. ;) If you buy all of the essential Vol 1s for brass you only have basic articulations and the price is way higher than most other brass bundles on the market.
My ideas:
Wait for Berlin Brass ...
Project Sam Brass classics doesn't have legato but is otherwise a decent package ...
Sample Modeling Brass ...
Rgarding soundiron's brass: I am sceptical ... it may not be part of the Komplete Ultimate package, because there will be package with just a different name (like "Komplete Giant") ... The fact that you get a dicount on those libraries on the Native Instruments web site is a pretty clear sign to me, it will be part of some bundle soon, as ALL products sold in the NI shop so far. I wouldn't bet on it being exclusive, if I were you ...

Interesting, and must admit I share the scepticism. It is, after all, in the Komplete section of the NI website. If it moves somewhere else, I'll believe it.

They have excluded it from the Omega bundle because of NI's involvement, and now they're excluding it from Komplete too? They sure are making it hard for me to get it for supercheap.

They have excluded it from the Omega bundle because of NI's involvement, and now they're excluding it from Komplete too? They sure are making it hard for me to get it for supercheap.
You and many others. :) Please note though that if you first go with Omega, you can then buy the brass for half price. So one also needs to do the math.
Just read a brief review of this library in Sound On Sound and there was little if any mention of Soundiron.....it was all assigned to NI. Anyway, I'll buy from Soundiron when I do purchase. They are a company I support and have supported for a long time. Great guys and so darn helpful when required. I believe them when they say it won't be included in Komplete.

If you are on a budget, I wouldn't recommend spitfire. ;) If you buy all of the essential Vol 1s for brass you only have basic articulations and the price is way higher than most other brass bundles on the market.
My ideas:
Wait for Berlin Brass ...
Project Sam Brass classics doesn't have legato but is otherwise a decent package ...
Sample Modeling Brass ...
Rgarding soundiron's brass: I am sceptical ... it may not be part of the Komplete Ultimate package, because there will be package with just a different name (like "Komplete Giant") ... The fact that you get a dicount on those libraries on the Native Instruments web site is a pretty clear sign to me, it will be part of some bundle soon, as ALL products sold in the NI shop so far. I wouldn't bet on it being exclusive, if I were you ...
You urge not to go Spitfire if on a budget but then you recommend Berlin? Based on OT's previous pricing their brass is going to be just as expensive as Spitfire. If you're on a budget I highly recommend Bravura from Impact Soundworks. It's like Spitfire but a fraction of the cost.

It's NI-branded, it's very likely going to end up in K11U. Them not having it in their own Omega bundle kinda spells it out.

Doesn't matter who you buy it from, NI still gets the cut.
Of course they do, but check out the requirements for the Soundiron Omega program. The products that count are the ones you buy from Soundiron, not NI, and the discount as a member of the Omega program is available via Soundiron, not NI. Finally it's also a way of simply showing support for Soundiron.

You urge not to go Spitfire if on a budget but then you recommend Berlin? Based on OT's previous pricing their brass is going to be just as expensive as Spitfire. If you're on a budget I highly recommend Bravura from Impact Soundworks. It's like Spitfire but a fraction of the cost.
No, I didn't mean Berlin is a budget solution, but it is more affordable than Spitfire. Take Berlin wood winds. The basic package has pretty much all you need for the start. To get these instruments by spitfire, you have to pay way more! Bravura, I cannot recommend as I never used it. And I wouldn't say it's like spitfire ... those are pretty dry recordings. But it might still be good ...

Apart from all that´s said, I have always wondered how anyone can name a package "Complete" and then leave out products for "Complete Ultimate". There is no comparative for something "complete" but NI marketing has made it possible ... oh dear.

Maybe there'll be Komplete 11 Penultimate or Komplete 11 Expansion Packs...

Edit: penultimate does not mean what I thought it did.

Last edited:
Apart from all that´s said, I have always wondered how anyone can name a package "Complete" and then leave out products for "Complete Ultimate". There is no comparative for something "complete" but NI marketing has made it possible ... oh dear.

They wanted to offer two price points. I find nothing wrong with that.

...and just as komplete is no longer complete, I suspect complete ultimate will no longer be ultimate. What's bigger than ultimate? Komplete Epik? Hmm, not really bigger than ultimate though, is it?

Per articulation, Berlin is cheaper.

As you all know, I have zero problem with people liking what they like and not liking what they do not, choosing what they choose to use, and choosing not to use what they choose not to use.

But people are constantly comparing libraries and their price points without factoring in which instruments/articulations do and do not come with them. If you are going to compare, the only intellectually honest way is to compare the total purchase price of one company's tandem of libraries it takes to give you what another more complete one does.

I have always wondered how anyone can name a package "Complete" and then leave out products for "Complete Ultimate"

Easy! Complete is a word that means something. Komplete is a meaningless brand name that sounds like a word that means something to you. Hope that helps! ;)

Top Bottom